Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It's the little one on the bottom.

Custom Carry Commanche
Single side TS
Black rear, Trijicon lamp up front
Le Claire, IA stamped

Looks great on first examination. Locks up very tight. I am headed up the canyon to try it on some pepper poppers.

Interestingly, the bushing has a seven digit number, and an "N" and an "M" stamped on it. It is not the serial #. Prior to this, I had only seen the plain bushings.

·
Premium Member
1,556 Posts
The "NM" stands for "National Match" (I guess)...it is strange that the number differs from the serial number though.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for the kind words guys..

I was told I have a replica National Match bushing on it. Looks just like the Baer bushings, but with the part # on it. Not sure if Baer is doing this a lot, or if he just had an extra floating around in the shop.

It went pretty well at the range. I had to go to an indoor range, so no steel for it's first outing. Nontheless, I shot a box of American Eagle, a box of PMC, and about 80 of my 230 grain RN over 3.9 Clays. All ammo fed perfectly. I did leave with a couple crescent shaped dings to my forhead from spent casings. Hopefully that issue will shoot itself out, or I will have to have the extractor tuned. There were two failures to lock the slide back with the Baer magazines, but Wolff, Wilsons and Shooting Star mags worked 100%.

Accuracy seems ok for ONLY a 3" guarantee gun.

These are my first 50 rounds of Federal AE at about 13 yards. Looks like I was pulling my shots a little down and to the left. :eek:

After I get 1,000. or so down range, this gun is off to see John Harrison to re-machine the guide rod seat back some, and fix the lower lugs to true Commander specs.

If the extraction issue persists, I will have that addressed at that time, along with anything else it may need. So far I am happy with it. It will have a nice Del Fatti holster in about 2 more weeks, after a short 22 month wait, I might add.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.