1911 Forums : 1911Talk banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
I need a vacation
1,301 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yesterday the family and I went to Chevy's Tex-Mex for lunch. Had a gift card so it cost me all of seven bucks for a tip.

But posted on the door was a sign with a pistol silhouette in a barred circle and the words "Concealed Weapons are not permitted on premises per Missouri statute blah blah blah".

Not a huge deal but...the restaurant is in Illinois. Uh...we don't have concealed carry in Illinois. :rolleyes:

If it was in MO I'd be sure to tell them that I'll not be coming back (even though I don't have a CHL,it's the principle) but it struck me as odd since I can't legally carry in there anyway. :confused: It's like putting the Texas 30.06 sign up. Wrong state.

·
Old Sheepdog
772 Posts
I think I know where the weak link is.

·
Premium Member
1,367 Posts
I don't know Trader, that might bring up a conversation that would drop my IQ points by a few, and I ain't got a lot to spare.

·
Registered
104 Posts
I know the answer would be "It's corporate policy", but I'm always up for a decent debate!

I guess the one thing that would have stopped me from doing that is the fact that my wife doesn't like me doing things like that when she's with me!

·
Registered
188 Posts
Note to self: Never eat at Chevy's.

Hopefully this act to hold liable proprietors of so called "Gun Free Zones" will grow some legs. People who choose to thwart another person's right to self protection should be caused to bear the consequences should that person be in need of defending themselves and cannot.

I wholeheartedly support those injured in recent shootings, such as VA Tech, to take civil action against the Board of Regents, who only months prior, overturned a motion to allow VA CHP holders to exersize their state sanctioned right to self protection.

I wonder how many new gun laws the Kook County libs in IL will be screaming for since the recent voilence there. Ironic that it's already perhaps the most gun-restrictive state in the Union.

I also wonder how many gangbangers would look at that sign and about-face rather than enter a Chevy's to settle a fued. On the flip side, if I were an evil-doer and wanted to rob a restaurant, that sign would be a delightful invitation and would ensure my safety!

·
Premium Member
5,072 Posts
Never heard of it, so I don't have to worry about any effort to avoid them.

·
Premium Member
5,072 Posts
I think if one had a bunch of those stickers made up and stick them below their sign it would be pretty cool.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Interesting. I have eaten at a Chevy's before. Of course I carried there (I'm awake, aren't I?). Never noticed a sign, but I'm lucky enough to live in a state where those signs don't mean crap (legally).

I will never ever eat at one again, though, after hearing this. That's how we do it, one dollar at a time.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Good reason for this sign

I believe those signs are for criminals. If they see that guns are not allowed on the premises, they are bound to turn around and seek another place to rob.
On the other hand, it is also a sign that says "Come hold us up! No guns here"
Either way, it is for dang sure a sign that shows a lot of ignorance.

·
Registered
37 Posts
I have never seen them in the Chevy's in CA. I would ignore it anyway concealed means they can't see it.

hand one of these to the manager.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.