1911 Forums : 1911Talk banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
I need a vacation
1,301 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
"The truth is, in order to get things like universal health care and a revamped education system, then someone is going to have to give up a piece of their pie so that someone else can have more." -Michelle Obama

You know what? **** you. I earned my pie. By working in the heat,the cold,the dust,the mud,and the wind,I earned my pie. Get your own piece and stop trying to take more of mine.

·
Registered
4,029 Posts
how come the elite cant give up a slice of their pie and a half .. I Work for my stuff every day

·
1911auto Supporters
83 Posts
Don't you know that the we have to share our pie with the poor, indigent and less privileged! :hairpull:

Well my mom raised me right, yet, I was never good at sharing.

·
Unemployed
218 Posts
I don't mind sharing -- as long as I decide.. I object to the government forcing me to share.

I've been fortunate, but I got here on my nickel. I put myself through college, and I went to law school at night while I worked full time to pay the bills.

·
Premium Member
1,367 Posts
They put in socialized healthcare and I am out of a job. They put in that system, and the capitalist way of life for those in the medical field is over. When the government provides the medical care for free, they will cut cost whereever they can, and the first place is salaries. Lower the salaries to such a low place that anyone with any payscale at all is gonna be stuck where they are at. Won't be able to go anywhere else. Then nobody will want to go into that field, and they will hire anybody to fill the positions, and the superb healthcare we have in the US will go to squat.

Then my pie will be gone. Shame on you Michelle Obama. I don't see you giving up your piece first.

·
Premium Member
1,473 Posts
It beats the socks off me that those in the position of deciding who is worth what & who needs to share more, always deem themselves worth the more & we are the ones that need to do the greater sharing. :hairpull:
Leave me alone Uncle Sam. All I want from you is opportunity.:flag:

·
Registered
64 Posts
I have an idea that will fix the health care problem and global warming all in one. We are told that the biggest cause of global warming is carbon dioxide. Well, if everyone that believes in global warming would quit breathing and then leave their piece of the pie to those in need we solved at least four problems at once.

No libs to take our guns
lower gas prices
no slow cars
and sheep wouldn't need health care.

·
1911auto Supporters
286 Posts
I have an idea that will fix the health care problem and global warming all in one. We are told that the biggest cause of global warming is carbon dioxide. Well, if everyone that believes in global warming would quit breathing and then leave their piece of the pie to those in need we solved at least four problems at once.

No libs to take our guns
lower gas prices
no slow cars
and sheep wouldn't need health care.
Works for me!!:biglaugh:

·
1911auto Supporters
83 Posts
They put in socialized healthcare and I am out of a job. They put in that system, and the capitalist way of life for those in the medical field is over. When the government provides the medical care for free, they will cut cost whereever they can, and the first place is salaries. Lower the salaries to such a low place that anyone with any payscale at all is gonna be stuck where they are at. Won't be able to go anywhere else. Then nobody will want to go into that field, and they will hire anybody to fill the positions, and the superb healthcare we have in the US will go to squat.

Then my pie will be gone. Shame on you Michelle Obama. I don't see you giving up your piece first.
I think you may be misunderstanding universal healthcare. Basically everyone will be insured, be able to access primary doctors, for checkups, preventative care. It would lessen the burden on the state medical aid systems. It would lessen the overcrowding of ER's. My ER that I transport 99% of patients has a 12-36 hour wait time in the lobby. 80% of my transports are patients that dont have a Dr, the ER is their DR so they go straight to the waiting room, then John Q. Taxpayer, picks up the 700 buck BLS transport fee.

People will still call 911, there will still be a demand for pre-hospital care.

·
Registered
692 Posts
I think you may be misunderstanding universal healthcare. Basically everyone will be insured, be able to access primary doctors, for checkups, preventative care. It would lessen the burden on the state medical aid systems. It would lessen the overcrowding of ER's. My ER that I transport 99% of patients has a 12-36 hour wait time in the lobby. 80% of my transports are patients that dont have a Dr, the ER is their DR so they go straight to the waiting room, then John Q. Taxpayer, picks up the 700 buck BLS transport fee.

People will still call 911, there will still be a demand for pre-hospital care.
Everyone will be insured by whom? The government?

So then I will have access to a government Doctor? Sounds like red tape(read VA) to me.

And this universal healthcare will lessen the burden on state med aid systems?
So illegals can go to ANY state for their health care, not just California?

And this universal healthcare would lessen the crowding in ERs? Why would anyone go to a doctor and wait in line? Just go to the ER first!

Who would pay for this universal healthcare? The French? The Canadians? The Mexicans? I don't think so...

I don't misunderstand universal healthcare at all!

·
Premium Member
1,556 Posts
This universal healthcare deal is a "wolf in sheeps clothing"...I agree that we need a better healthcare system...but copying Canada's system, which does not work so good either, is just an election scheme.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts