1911 Forums : 1911Talk banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,556 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here is why...totally unbelievable policy...

http://www.crimefilenews.com/2008/03/video-of-dangerous-firearm-policy-of.html

Ain't that about the dumbest idea you ever heard...give them a gun, then tell them they can't carry it...instead fumble around with it, stick a padlock through the trigger guard of a loaded weapon, take it off to hit the head...jeez.

If TSA is going to arm their pilots...they need somebody with some tactical "common sense" to set their policies.

·
Premium Member
932 Posts
It really makes you wonder if the guys in charge know anything about gun safety. I thought maybe it was a glock that AD'd, nothing against Glocks, I have one, but I can understand a novice having an AD in a confined space.

·
Registered
394 Posts
The problem is that many of these "government agencies" refuse to aknowledge that there are experts in guns and the proper handling of them. So why would they employ experts to help them design their eqiupment or procedures?

·
Registered
331 Posts
Because that would cost way too much money. We all know the government is too cheap to do anything right the first time around.

·
1911auto Supporters
83 Posts
The TSA is a serious joke, I fly quite often and constantly get secondary screened. The people screening me are bottom rung of the evolutionary ladder. I remember a few years ago, I was in a hurry, I didn't take my wallet out to go through the metal detector. In my wallet was my badge with a large metal pin on the back of it. After I went through security and didn't get an alarm. I realized what I did and called a supervisor over. The supervisor who was lacking in basic English language skills told me gold, nickel or silver wont get picked up by the detector.

I was so infuriated I called a local newspaper of the airport I went through to tell my story to one of the writers. The writer basically told me: I would love to publish that story. I cant! It would cause mass hysteria. :thinking:

·
Premium Member
1,288 Posts
What a pile of bovine excrement.

·
Registered
692 Posts
Wow! Is that stupid or what?
Because that would cost way too much money.
I don't think it's about the money, I think it's about the territory and the power that goes with it.

Those desk jockeys won't admit that they'e uninformed about anything.

They have spent their entire lives 'blowing smoke' and fudgin' resumes to brag about what they supposedly know - they're not backing down now. Their pension is at stake!

But, it's pretty obvious, they don't know s--- from shinola!

What a really dumb system.

·
Premium Member
1,556 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I think by not letting them carry it out of the cockpit, the idea was (1) To keep somebody from taking it from him...and (2) so they don't scare the little old ladies.

Both problems could be solved with a concealed holster (without the padlock)...that never left his side.

·
Premium Member
1,473 Posts
And never leaving his side is the safest. Guns do not shoot themselves while on a table or in a holster.

·
Premium Member
1,473 Posts
:rofl: You are sure right about that.:hairpull:
Think I'll stick to my HF1. (wish we had a thumbs up Icon for here.):wink:

·
1911auto Supporters
341 Posts
Just when you think something can't get anymore more screwed up give it to a government agency. They will prove you wrong

1 - 15 of 15 Posts