1911 Forums : 1911Talk banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,473 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
About a month ago there was a double murder & then suicide here. I officiated the funeral of the 2 murder victims. This entire clan is a good, upstanding, hard working, clean living, church going, mind their own business kind of family.

This morning I received word that the nephew of a close friend of mine was killed during a home invasion. I will see them today.

I know I am preaching to the quior but folks there is no safe place or good neighborhoods any more.

Stay alert & armed.
LT

·
Premium Member
1,289 Posts
Sorry to hear of this amigo, you watch your 6 too.

·
Registered
82 Posts
It is no country for old men thats for sure. I wish I could move as fast as I used to. I have never relied on cocked and locked as I have recently. I hear gun shots almost every night and sheriff department choppers hovering over head routinely looking for bad guys. There are over 20 gangs in my county and the natives are very restless.
Needless to say so am I. Hopefully they wont mess with this old man. They may be in better shape than I am but I have had a lot more shooting practice. Home invasions and muggings have been going up in my area. Very recently sheriff deputies used dogs to corner a robber within a few hundred feet from my home.

·
Registered
85 Posts
I live in a rural area, my biggest task yesterday was staying out of a swarm of bees I generated while pulling a bush hog behind the tractor. :)

There's the criminal drug element here too, but it's also a known fact that everyone has guns and a home invasion is paramount to suicide for the felon/s.

Sheriff is a supporter of gun rights, several years back I was a citizen back-up to an assault in progress because of my background I guess.

My thoughts and prayers go out to the grieving families and friends of the victims.

Bob

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.