1911 Forums : 1911Talk banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
394 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Since I bought my RIA 38 Super, I have tried several different brands of ammo including the Armscor 38 Super 125 gr FMJ. Well, it seems as though it is no longer being imported into the US. I learned that today when I called the guys at Advanced Tactical. Too bad really, I found it to be a good quality range ammo at a very reasonable price.

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
Check with Center Fire Systems. They have it listed in their latest flyer at $15.99 per box of 50!!:smile:

·
Registered
394 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Check with Center Fire Systems. They have it listed in their latest flyer at $15.99 per box of 50!!:smile:
Thanks for the heads up....I really appreciate it. I should have figured something was up when Midway had a "closeout special" on it mid summer.

·
Registered
394 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Center Fire Systems has been backordered on this round for over 2 weeks with no expected restocking date. When I talked with Dave at Center Fire, he was unaware that that importation may have been suspended....so it looks like I`m back to Rem UMC.

·
Registered
32 Posts
I'm surprised you don't reload your own ammo. Most .38 super owners I know shoot so much that they HAD to start reloading. :biggrin:

I got into reloading right after I bought my first 1911 based gun... a Norinco back in the early nineties. I fell in love with the platform and shooting 200-300 rounds per weekend was getting expensive on my budget. Someone at a gunshow told me I'd save money if I started reloading (of course he sold reloading equipment and supplies). Well... I may have saved money if I was content on shooting the same amount every weekend, but dag-nabbit, I started shooting a WHOLE lot more. :biglaugh:

On a more positive note... reloading has become an enjoyable hobby unto itself.

Good Luck

·
Registered
394 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I don`t reload yet....but "yet" is the operative word here. I am saving all of my brass, and I have about 1200 rounds of 38 Super factory ammo in the cabinet right now. I don`t shoot that much yet, but when I have enough "brass" stockpiled in both 38 Super and 45 ACP, my best friend will dig out his equipment, bring it over, help me get the proper dies, and at that time he`ll help me become a novice reloader.

·
Registered
74 Posts
I don`t reload yet....but "yet" is the operative word here. I am saving all of my brass, and I have about 1200 rounds of 38 Super factory ammo in the cabinet right now. I don`t shoot that much yet, but when I have enough "brass" stockpiled in both 38 Super and 45 ACP, my best friend will dig out his equipment, bring it over, help me get the proper dies, and at that time he`ll help me become a novice reloader.

I think 1200 rounds are enough to start reloading with. Get on it & have fun!:biglaugh:

·
1911auto Supporters
340 Posts
Magtech is good ammo, msjdgman

If you liked Armscor, you'll be well pleased with Magtech, I think

Aquila is the hottest I've chronoed.
I don't have my notes handy, but if i recall, it ran 50 to 100fps faster than all the other factory 38super +p ammo I've chronoed
(Magtech, Armscor and Winchester JFP)

..L.T.A.

·
Registered
394 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Magtech is good ammo, msjdgman

If you liked Armscor, you'll be well pleased with Magtech, I think

Aquila is the hottest I've chronoed.
I don't have my notes handy, but if i recall, it ran 50 to 100fps faster than all the other factory 38super +p ammo I've chronoed
(Magtech, Armscor and Winchester JFP)

..L.T.A.
I`ve been thinking of giving Magtech a try. Seems to be decently priced. By an overwhelming majority, my largest stock is in Remington UMC. Great quality brass and bullets, extremely uniform, but it does seem a bit dirty. I got most of it at $30 to $32 per 100 plus shipping.

·
Registered
394 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Magtech 38 super ammo is on sale at Midway right now.

it's still ain't cheap by any stretch, but $18 and some change isn't too bad these days

http://www.midwayusa.com/browse/Bro...7512&categoryString=653***691***&brandId=1657

It's nickel plated brass and every bit as good as Rem UMC brass IMO

..L.T.A.

Thanks Cap,

I ordered a few boxes to give a try. Beggining the end of next week (new cretid card cycle)my focus will be to start laying in primers, powder, and bullets. I`m preparing to begin reloading this winter. Between my saved brass and ammo on hand, I have about 2000 rds capability to reload in both Super 38 and 45 ACP.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.