1911 Forums : 1911Talk banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Old Sheepdog
1,235 Posts
I cancelled my credit card with Bank of America for giving credit cards to illegals. I don't have anything to do with Citi right now, but if I did, I'd cancel that too.

This is bad for legitimate business, but I'm sure someone will step up and bring a lawsuit against them for seizing funds illegally. (if I read the report correctly). Tracy

·
Registered
394 Posts
What a crock of crap. I do use my card for firearm transactions...but do not have any by Citi or Bank of Am. What gives these yoohoos the right to sieze funds?

·
Old Sheepdog
772 Posts
I use a Cabela's Visa - and get 1% back in merchandise. I hope they're gun friendly.

·
Premium Member
1,556 Posts

·
I need a vacation
1,301 Posts
Pretty bogus if you have a Citi card,but I pay cash for all my guns.
To change to an NSSF-affiliated credit card processing program, contact Payment Alliance International at 1-866-371-2273 (ext. 1131).
Sounds almost like an advertisement at the end.

·
Unemployed
218 Posts
I long ago dropped my Citi Bank card and am in the process of cancelling my BofA credit card account. So this is very timely for me.

·
Premium Member
155 Posts
From what I gather by reading the letter below is that CDNN was using Citi Bank as their merchant to process customers C/C's. Any way you look at it, it's pretty lame on Citi Banks part.

What I don't understand is that surely Citi Bank knew they sold firearms online and shipped across State lines when they made the contract for CDNN. And surely CDNN read all the disclaimers and would not have signed a contract with them if they had a problem with shipping firearms accross State lines. Anyway I would be PO'd if they froze $75,000. without giving me a warning first.

·
Registered
37 Posts
I normally do not use cerdit cards for gun purchase, debit card yes....what happens if you buy ammos at Walmart can you still use your Citicard; how about at Big 5 sporting stores they also sell ammos and rifles. I guess time to rely to non Citicard MC and VISA.

·
Registered
692 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
It's diffucult to tell what's going on. I don't know if this applies to interstate purchases? ... or to purchases over a certain amount?... or just corporate purchases?
I think we can take it a 'shot across the bow' for all gun purchases in the coming months/years.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Damn, I hate to see something like that! I have used an AA/CitiBanc
card for years, just to accumulate air-miles to get free airline tickets.
But this cuts too close to home. I may just have to find another
credit card.:hairpull:

Walter

·
Unemployed
218 Posts
It looks like Citi is off base and just using this as an excuse. They are assuming that these interstate sales violate the Gun Control Act. But but it is perfectly legal to sell a gun to an out-of-state buyer by delivering the gun to an FFL in the state in which the buyer resides to be processed and transferred in accordance with the laws of that state.

·
Registered
327 Posts
Their letter shows a genuine total misunderstanding of gun laws, or outright lies and distortion. If it was illegal, CDNN wouldn't be doing it now, would they?

·
Registered
45 Posts
I happen to have an NRA credit card thru the Bank of Omaha. Every purchase I make with it a percentage is contributed to the NRA.

I never buy guns or ammo with a card, to many paper trails, I use cash, and always have.

·
I need a vacation
1,301 Posts
I never buy guns or ammo with a card, to many paper trails, I use cash, and always have.
I'll use a cc for online ammo purchases,but guns are always cash.

This story is all over all the gun boards,and after pages of posts the only thing we know is that a)someone is power-tripping and flexing some anti-gun muscle,or) they are afraid of guns and truly ignorant of the laws.

It's just poor business to make those decisions without getting your facts first. And it's not their job to regulate what CDNN does anyway,although I understand their concern because if they really think that something is going on,then the funds can be frozen by the gummint and even the bank can't get to them.

It's severe ignorance,or rampant falsehoods. Seems like both. If I had a Citi card,I'd can it.

·
Registered
692 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Update!

Here's the latest update.
NSSF says that First Data insists that it's policy is not anit-gun(yeah, right). NSSF has posted their response letter to First Data. Here
The saga continues...

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.