1911 Forums : 1911Talk banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,072 Posts
I know I'm in the minority when I say I was disappointed when I watched it.

·
Premium Member
1,367 Posts
I've not watched it, but everyone I've talked to says it was a let down.

·
Premium Member
932 Posts
Bought it last night cause it won awards. Going to start it when I am done checking the board. I will let you guys know what I think.

Snag

·
Premium Member
5,072 Posts
Why is that, Jerry? I've not seen it yet.
Maybe I expected too much but I thought most of it was decent but disappointing anyway up until the last 30 minutes that I thought was a waste of time. I wished I had the time back I spent on it when it was over, the good part was it didn't cost me anything to see it. Javier Bardem blayed a brilliant part regardless. To see his range he was a cold blooded killer in this one and perdita durango and a cop in the Dancer Upstairs. He's a great, versatile actor.

Reconvic saw it in the theaters and I pm'ed him about what he thought and he said he was disappointed.

Don't let this stop anyone though, seems like people either think it's the great or disappointing and you could fall on either side.

·
Premium Member
932 Posts
Still trying to get to the TV

·
Premium Member
5,072 Posts
Well did you see it snag?

·
Premium Member
932 Posts
Had to take a break to see my kids. From what I've seen I like it. A bit slow, but that is how the Cohen brothers do it. They are from Minnesota you know plot development is key for us "slow" Swedes. On the other hand I love gratuitous violence and have not gotten it yet. I am off to finish it in the next few minutes.:whistle:

·
Premium Member
932 Posts
:hairpull:Jerry nailed it. Last 30 minutes sucked the life out of me. And the ending. Pure poop. I did enjoy the first hour. How the heck this won best movie I don't know, but thats thespians for you.

·
Premium Member
5,072 Posts
Well, I guess I'm not alone then. That's usually the tip off for me, if it wins high awards I shouldn't go into it expecting to agree with them.

·
Premium Member
1,556 Posts
I haven't watched it yet...but I will when I get a chance. Work has been keeping me too busy to watch TV lately (2,805 miles and its only Wednesday)

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
All 3 actors where great playing some real serious nut cases !!! a movie is just that a movie... I know real guys like the 3 below and get a kick out of watching fake bull in any movie. ..watching any movie is total bull ..but some is just better bull.

:nuts: Javier Bardem.....as Anton Chigurh

Blue Velvet (1986)

Dennis Hopper ... as Frank Booth

Robert De Niro as Max Cady :nuts:

·
Premium Member
5,072 Posts
I like some of the cohen brothers stuff, fargo, the big lebowski, O Brother, Where Art Thou?, Raising Arizona and I went into this one expecting to like it. I thought the last 30 minutes was a pile of crap and I don't ask for much in a movie other than to be entertained. People don't have to be looking for anything in particular and still not like it, not everyone is the same.

I also liked mitchum as max cady better.:)

·
Premium Member
5,072 Posts
If I had bought this one it would be on my list of regrets like kill bill 2, matrix 2 and 3, sin city.

Hey, people seem to go both ways though. Either "it's a great movie" or "how did it win?", just shows different tastes.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.