1911 Forums : 1911Talk banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Nighthawk Custom Representative
206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This form is the first to get this information!
Nighthawk Custom has begun manufacturing custom rifles, both tactical and hunting,using their own proprietary actions.
Actions begin using choice materials, 4140 chromoly, and are heat treated to 37 Rockwell. All machining of the new actions are performed in the heat treated state, thus reducing material movement from stress.
Particular attention to detail when machining opening and closing bolt helixes insure smooth bolt cycling and extraction. All threads are milled as opposed to being tapped.
Jewell Precision triggers and safeties are standard on each rifle. Broughton Barrels are the only barrels used.
Look for more information coming soon!
Rob Potter:flag:

·
206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
If you are into long range rifles, you will need to look at these. They will be posted on Nighthawks Web site soon. The actions and bottom metal are fabricated in our shop. The mags are supplied by Accuracy International. You name the caliber, we will build it.
We will offer a hunter grade rifle and the Tactical version also. I will keep everyone informed.
Thanks for your time, Rob

·
206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The starting price on the tactical is $4295.00. There are not a lot of upgrades that need to be addressed on this one. The Jewell trigger will come with the pull weight that you request. They are extremely adjustable for an extremely light pull if you desire. There are camo finishes available also. All of this info is brand new and I will be posting more as I receive it.

·
Unemployed
218 Posts
Rob,

Have you thought of doing a scout version?

·
Premium Member
1,556 Posts
If you are into long range rifles, you will need to look at these.

I need another long range gun like I need another hole in my head...but...

I have a craving for a 260 Remington.

·
206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
We have no plans on a scout version of our rifles at this time. Who knows what the future will bring.
Right now the tactical version is holding a sub 1 inch group at 500 yards. This is the accuracy that we are demanding from our rifles. Now I need to learn to shoot a rifle!!!

·
206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
It is only $4295.00 for the base model Tactical not $5000.00! I know it is a lot of money, but the quality of these rifles is unbelievable. I will be posting options and additional upgrades as I receive them. Take care. Rob

·
206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
The rifles are consistantly grouping 1 inch or less at 500 yards. I will be receiving more information on these rifles this month. I will also have a rifle to test mid October.
Please excuse my ignorance when it comes to rifles, I am a pistol guy and when I talk about rifles it really shows. I will have to go to the rifle side of the range now.

·
206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
If you have any questions about any Nighthawk product, E-mail or call me. If I do not have an answer for you, I will get the answer as quickly as possible.

·
206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Gentlemen, I have a 308 rifle in my possession. What a beautiful piece of work. As I stated, I am not a rifle shooter but even I can place 5 shots in the same hole at 100 yards. If any one is in the Washington State aria, give me a call and we can go to the range.

·
206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
The rifle is capable of this performance, The rest is up to you. Seriously, if you want to shoot the rifle, give me a call. It is the best way to show the rifles capabilities. We would not state this information if we could not deliver.
Send me an E-mail and I will send you a new 2009 catalog that has the rifle specs and 5 shot 500 yard groups.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.