1911 Forums : 1911Talk banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello All,

I am new to the forum, and I have to say that I have really enjoyed seeing how everyone interacts. For a bunch of what the antis would call "gun toters just looking for an excuse to shoot someone", what a great group of folks.

My name is Chad. Used to have a Kimber UCII, and then had to go sans pistol for a while. My wife is a full-time student, so economy led me to a RIA full size GI. (Because there was just no getting a non-1911) I like it better than the Kimber... but I still miss the Kimber some days :confused:

I live in the Houston Area, and I travel a ton for work. Too bad you can't just rent a gun and holster at the airport the way you do a car... the car is a lot more dangerous. :thinking:

Anyway, thanks to all of you.

Chad

·
Premium Member
751 Posts
Welcome to the forum from AZ. Mirando

·
Premium Member
1,473 Posts
Welcome aboard sir.
MTICop & I are cut from the same stock. I know it was ment in jest but the antis watch these boards for just such comments that they can use to paint w/ a broad brush lumping all who carry legally for personal defense w/ those who use their arms for bravado, macho & mischief.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Good Point

Thanks all. For the record, the quote was definitely in jest, so I clarified. When I have the occasion to discuss our rights to and reasons for carrying... I often allude to the level-headed advise that gets passed on these forums. Your delicate approach to rebuking me only underscores my point. Thanks again!

·
Premium Member
1,289 Posts
Welcome to the forum

·
Registered
3 Posts
another new old guy....

thanks to Primersinmyshoes for the link to here, i am on other groups under the same name. I like 1911's, as well as snubby revolvers, and flat-shooting rifles. Mostly i just put holes in paper or knock over steel plates, it is all fun. I am retired now, so I can go shoot whenever I feel like it, several times a week, but with the economy the way it is, there are a lot more .22 rounds headed down-range than used to be the case. I rely on my Ruger 22/45 for handgunning, not quite the same as a .22 conversion slide for my Baer, but it gets it done.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.