1911 Forums : 1911Talk banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,288 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I thought I try a different style sight on the Concept IV, I have had on order with John at ProLoads.com when it came, I'm kinda tried of the Novak "look." So, I ordered a set of the Heirloom Precision's "Professional Grade" (still marked Yost-Bonitz) from Brownells to have on hand when it shows up, but I liked them so much when I opened the package, that I went ahead an installed them on the TRS. I will have another set on the C4 (Gunner turned me on to the fact that they are on sale at MidwayUSA), these sights are great.

·
Registered
4,029 Posts
very nice od.. was it just the rear or fronts also

·
Premium Member
1,288 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Bud.

I just changed the rear sight and left the Baer/Trijicon in the front, I like the single night sight set-up.

·
Registered
4,029 Posts
I might have to try that i like the looks of that sight

·
Premium Member
1,288 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Couple different views

·
Premium Member
1,367 Posts
I Like Dan, I Like.

·
Premium Member
1,288 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks Brian. ;)

·
Registered
4,029 Posts
Looks even better close up OD

·
Registered
160 Posts
Very nice. I really like those. But then, I haven't seen anything coming out of that shop I didn't like!
They came out with them soon after they built my HiPower, or I probably would have asked for them on it. I got Heinies, but think I like those a little better. I know I like them better than Novaks.

BTW, I hear that Heinie has a new sight that looks a lot like the Y-B/Heirloom "Pro".

·
Premium Member
1,288 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)
Very nice. I really like those. But then, I haven't seen anything coming out of that shop I didn't like!
They came out with them soon after they built my HiPower, or I probably would have asked for them on it. I got Heinies, but think I like those a little better. I know I like them better than Novaks.

BTW, I hear that Heinie has a new sight that looks a lot like the Y-B/Heirloom "Pro".
Thanks Barry.

Heinie does have one very similar;

https://www.heinie.com/cart/product_info.php?products_id=129&osCsid=c40ed937754b7eec3676807dd5fa559a

·
Registered
50 Posts
OD, that looks like one very sweet Colt. Nice sights, I think I'll go that route if my next project comes together.

·
Premium Member
1,288 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·

·
Premium Member
1,288 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·

·
Registered
155 Posts
Nice site OD. Yours or not, you're still a good photographer. I've seen yous stuff before.

I'd have to improve 20% to be awful. Very painful for me, but that never stops our buddy Bud from clubbing me like a seal to post stuff.
Hell, he doesn't want some ugly picture from me - he wants my pain.:hairpull:

·
Registered
188 Posts
Great look and tremendously functional, OD. Well done.

·
Premium Member
1,288 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Thanks Bill.

Yeah, that Bud loves to see others pain and suffering. :wink:

·
Premium Member
1,288 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Thanks, Ping. ;)

·