1911 Forums : 1911Talk banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,
This is my first time posting here and I wanted to introduce myself.
I am a 47 tear old male, from Shawnee, KS., a suburb of Kansas City.
I just put a down payment on my first 1911.(Rock Island, Mil-Spec, .45) It is expected to be delivered to the shop in a few weeks.(Best Christmas present that I ever bought for myself)

I first fell for the 1911 when I fired my grandfathers Marine issue in about 1976. He had kept it since his time in the south Pacific, in 1942-45. One of my uncles has it now and is enjoying it tremendously. Then recently had the opportunity to fire my son-in-laws Springfield Loaded.
Man, that is a sweet pistol. I decided that I had to have one of my own, but just could not afford the Springfield. I'm sure glad that I discovered the RIA.
I questioned whether this was a quality firearm, at first, but after reading about it here and at other 1911 sites it seems that I may have made a good choice, for the price. I am planning on making a new set of grips. I don't really care for the ones that come with it.

Anyway, I'm glad to be here and I will post pictures of it when I receive it.

ps.

Does anyone know where I can find a pattern for the grips, so I can complete them now, instead of waiting to use the grips on the pistol as patterns?

·
I need a vacation
1,301 Posts
Hello and welcome to the forum, and to the world of the 1911!

Sarge43 is our resident grip maker and may have some advice about dimensions,but most folks that make their own use another set of grips as a template.

·
Premium Member
751 Posts
Welcome home. You will like it here, Mirando

·
Old Sheepdog
772 Posts
Let me also welcome you to the forum. Good luck with your new 1911. If you are near St. Louis, MO you are welcome to come shoot with me at Bull's Eye Indoor Range.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.