1911 Forums : 1911Talk banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey, I just signed on here. I am new to owning a 1911, I just bought my first one about a month ago, it is a High Standard Crusader Compact in 45 acp.

I really enjoy shooting the little gun, it is very fair on accuracy, fits my hand good and has an awesome trigger pull. I just wish it held more than 7 rounds in the mag.

Since I bought this, I have learned much about 1911's and I really think they are the perfect side-arm.

here is my baby.

·
Registered
4,029 Posts
Welcome to the Forum and Very nice

Does this have Series 80 Firing Pin Block stuff in it ?

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have no idea what that is.

The manual said that the firing pin is designed shorter than the housing that it is in, and that the hammer must strike the pin to overcome the the strength of the spring to cause the pin to strike the primer. That is the cliffnotes version anyway. I don't have the manual with me right now. Hope I answered your question.

So what is this series 80 firing pin blocker stuff you are talking about.

·
Registered
4,029 Posts
there are some extra levers in a series 80 gun

Everything in red is series 80 stuff

it uses a diff firing pin and pin stop than a normal 1911 also

·
Premium Member
1,556 Posts
That is a nice pistol...and I must be getting behind the times. I didnt know Hi Standard made 1911's. But then I am still learning about these things...and there is alot I dont know.
I have a couple of old Hi Standard 22 wheelguns...

·
Premium Member
1,556 Posts
I have no idea what that is.

The manual said that the firing pin is designed shorter than the housing that it is in, and that the hammer must strike the pin to overcome the the strength of the spring to cause the pin to strike the primer. That is the cliffnotes version anyway. I don't have the manual with me right now. Hope I answered your question.

So what is this series 80 firing pin blocker stuff you are talking about.
The way I understand that is that it does not have the series 80 stuff...but I could be wrong.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
there are some extra levers in a series 80 gun

Everything in red is series 80 stuff

it uses a diff firing pin and pin stop than a normal 1911 also
OK, I looked at the manual and everything else I got with my purchase of the gun, and I don't have that series 80 setup. Mine has an inertia style firing pin and is describe in the manual as I stated above. So I guess that is a good thing.

Anyway, next time I go shoot it, I plan on taking a picture of the target afterward. It does pretty good, hits a bit low with the 230 grain Blazer Brass. I was told if I shot some lighter grain bullets, I would probably hit right on target.

·
Registered
4,029 Posts
Try something other than blazer in 230 and see how it shoots

·
Registered
37 Posts
Welcome, the 1911 is a great pistol, the only problem you will find with the 1911 is they are very addictive, you can't just have one and you will always want to carry it.
It is also very easy to win the "you only have 7-8 rounds in the pistol", just pull out one round and ask your buddies with the high capacity pistols to put their round beside yours, its just too easy to win, lol.

·
Registered
4,029 Posts
The guy at the Range hates this one ..

ya know your 115 Grain 9mm take 2 to = 1 of my 230 45s so by the time you shoot all 18 your back down to the 9 45's i carry 8 round mag 1 in pipe..:rofl::biglaugh:

·
Premium Member
932 Posts
Nice to have you hear. I like the graphic a lot Bud. Can more of these be found somewhere?

·
Registered
4,029 Posts
OD Pointed me to that one long ago .. Hopfully I can find the other or ill get out the camera and get Pics of the Real Pieces hum i feel a sticky coming on

·
Premium Member
932 Posts
That would be great. I have never fully taken down my 1911's for fear of screwing something up. Pics would be a great help.

·
Premium Member
5,072 Posts
High standard 1911's are made by Armscor and are essentially the same as the ria's. They also make charles daly's and sti spartan's. Moved to that forum.

That is a nice pistol...and I must be getting behind the times. I didnt know Hi Standard made 1911's. But then I am still learning about these things...and there is alot I dont know.
I have a couple of old Hi Standard 22 wheelguns...

·
Registered
4,029 Posts
I don't Think RIA makes Charles Daly's anymore

·
Premium Member
5,072 Posts
Armscor makes Charles Daly and they also make Ria's.

There has been rumors, but Ivan at armscor says they are still making cd's.

Doh, I meant to say Ivan, not igor.

They list cd as a partner along with ria, sti and tanfoglio, I'm suprised they don't list high standard but maybe beause they are smaller than the others:

http://www.armscor.com.ph/technology.htm

·
Registered
30 Posts
High standard 1911's are made by Armscor and are essentially the same as the ria's. They also make charles daly's and sti spartan's. Moved to that forum.
Armscor assembles the Spartan for STI using their frame, slide and barrel. The innards are STI and the STI CQ guys go over them when they get here, before the gun hits the streets. Also, Taurus makes a lot of STI's MIM parts and a lot of STI's parts are used in the Taurus 1911's

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
On my gun, the Crusader Compact, it has a 3.5" barrel, I am just not 100% sure as to what model it is referred to as. I think it is the Officer's model, am I right?

1 - 20 of 22 Posts