1,556 Posts
A picture is worth 1000 words...:wink::whistle:

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Not much to show.

Just a bone stock kimber.

But, it is by far, the nicest gun I've ever owned.

Next on my to do list:

Stag Grips

and

Gunleather.

Suggestions anyone?

·
Premium Member
1,367 Posts
Suggestions anyone?
Ya, pictures LOL, even if it bonestock.

I like stuff from Black Hills Leather. Rudy Lazano makes good stuff, but he makes it to order so it takes a while, unlike some places that keep their stuff in stock, but I've been nothing but pleased so I keep going back.

·
Premium Member
1,556 Posts
Theres too much good leather to name them all...but I have had good luck with Milt Sparks.
And I've heard good things about the McDaniel II's...they are made by Alessi (I think).

·
Registered
203 Posts
How do you want to wear it...Inside the Waistband (IWB), Outside the Waistband (OWB), Shoulder Holster? Which stainless model did you get?

·
Registered
78 Posts
Welcome to the board and to 1911's. Word of warning they can become an addiction.

·
1911auto Supporters
341 Posts
Sounds like a nice purchase. I currently have 3 Kimbers 4 if you count my daughter:smile: they are great IMO

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
How do you want to wear it...Inside the Waistband (IWB), Outside the Waistband (OWB), Shoulder Holster? Which stainless model did you get?

OWB is my preference.

Stainless II.
Fixed sights
Black rubber grips....

I'd much prefer stag or wood, but haven't found just what I'm looking for yet.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hey;

Not much to show.

Just a bone stock kimber.

But, it is by far, the nicest gun I've ever owned.

Next on my to do list:

Stag Grips

and

Gunleather.

Suggestions anyone?
You are gonna love it. Someone else said they are contageous and it's true. As for grips, I bought some Alumigrips, the light weight ones and I love them. I like the wood grips too but the aluminum ones just feel better to me. They don't slip when I get sweaty either. I put a Kimber ambi safety one it too and called it complete. Safe shooting to you.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Welcome...although El Paso Saddlery is in town for me and I do have some of their holsters...I also love Galco's Phoenix..and carry my Kimber Ultra CDP 2
in a Phoenix cross draw most of the time but also strong side...as the holster does both...oh, I got mine from Arizona Gunrunners...they are prompt and best prices on Galco...

·
Premium Member
1,473 Posts
Glad you brought up Arizona Gun Runner. I have not heard from them in a WHILE.

Welcome aboard gentlemen.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Theres too much good leather to name them all...but I have had good luck with Milt Sparks.
And I've heard good things about the McDaniel II's...they are made by Alessi (I think).
The McdDaniel II is made by Sam Andrews of Andrews Leather. Great guy to work with and it is a very nice holster.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts