1911 Forums : 1911Talk banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought my first 1911 a used Clackamas Kimber this past friday for $600. I took it to the range Sunday. It ran perfectly even with the cheap ProMag 8 round that isn't supposed to work with it. It shoots so much better than my Glock 23. Trigger is so much better. I think I will be kissing plastic guns goodbye. Now I'm trying to decide if I should trade the glock in for a 4inch barrel concealed carry type. I know its rude to post without pics but i couldn't wait.

·
I need a vacation
1,301 Posts
Welcome to the forum! Good deal on the Kimber, you'll only want more now. :)

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Already I am looking for another series one. Thinking of a 4in barrel type. Can't decide on a grip and sights. For grips I'm thinking about some alumagrips or the Micarta/G10 style. Does micarta tolerate gun oil without rotting. Also looking at sights. The MMC adjustable tactical or the Novak adjustable sights. Any opinions.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Welcome to the Forum! Congrats on your purchase - you did well! Remember, 1911's breed. It won't be long until your Kimber will have a stablemate. Then, while you're distracted by other attentions (airline speak), those two 1911's will provide you with an offspring - a compact or semi-compact 1911. You have been warned! :dancingbananna:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.