1911 Talk banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In the last week I have added two new S&W pistols to the safe:dancingbananna:. A Pro Series 1911 and a Pro Series M&P 9mm. I couldn't pick one over the other, so I picked both!!
The Pro 1911 is, IMHO, the best non-custom shop 1911 I have laid my hands on:notworthy:. Fit and finish is top notch, and the adjustable rear fiber optic sight is a beauty. After you adjust the sight (W&E) each adjustment is locked in place by a set screw. It makes the adjustment process slow, but there are no worries about unintended sight movement.
Maybe this is the wrong forum to brag on a non-1911, but the M&P Pro 9mm might make you want to step over to the poly pistol side:shades:. A trigger pull that a Glock would beg for, a full 5" barrel, fiber optics, and 17 rounds of low recoil:bravo:. I shoot in the CDP division at IDPA matches, but I'm going to have to try SSP with the S&W.
If you haven't tried S&W lately, you need to look into one or both of these models:nuts:.

·
I need a vacation
1,301 Posts

Sounds like a killer combo! Have you shot either one yet?

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I've shoot both, and feel like the father of twins:nuts:. I wanted to post pictures, I tried to post pictures, but I could't post pictures:whistle:. I noticed at the bottom of the screen during one of my posting attempts a line that said I was not allowed to post pictures. Maybe I was doing something wrong, but the site wouldn't let me post pictures:mad:.
I've looked at Glock 34's before, but they seemed to industrial to me, more like a tool than a gun. The M&P Pro has a quality feel to it that is reassuring. I'm not saying the Glock isn't a good gun, lets no go down that road, it just does't "fit" me, A Glock is like a good pair of running shoes,,,,,,,,,, shoes that don't fit:hairpull:.
The 1911 Pro has much better fit than a Springfield (at least a Loaded and a TRP). The trigger is a little north of 4 pounds, but is crisp. The wood grips have a slight swell to them that some may not like, but to me they feel good. I plain love the sights. Fiber optic front and rear that are very fast to pick up and sight.
If the weather man will work with me, I will be at an IDPA match this weekend to wring them both out!

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Pro 1911

Here's a picture try.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'll post more pictures later this weekend, if I can figure it out again. I'll try for some range pictures of the 1911 and the Pro 9mm.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts