1911 Forums : 1911Talk banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Five or six months ago I posted a thread asking about double stack Paras and about the LDA...since then, I passed on the double stack and the LDA and picked up a few different 1911s. The weekend I went to a gun show and ran across the opposite of a double stack 1911 from Para, the PDA in .45. I have to admit it really grabbed my attention. I had brought a Sig P220 Carry SAO with me that I wanted to trade. The guy who had the Para offered me more in a trade than I had bought the Sig for, so I was happy...the hardest part was deciding between the 9mm and the .45. The guy running the booth made a strong case for the .45, showing me it was his carry gun and promising that it wasn't too stout in this small package (I'll have to wait until I shoot it to see).

Anyway, here are some terrible cell phone pics. The magazine in the second picture is from an HK45C to give a sense of just how small the PDA is.

This is my first Para and I was wondering if anyone knows whether or not the PDA uses the same size sights as other Paras (I am wanting to order a set of combat sights for it and don't know where to start as the PDA is not a model that is listed on any of the replacement sight websites) and if it takes standard 1911 Officer magazines/replacement grips?

A range report and better pictures are to come.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Don't know about the sights but the grips/mags are smaller than Colt Officer spec-the Companion/CCO frame is same as Officers, Carry/PDA is one size down. Might be the same as Detonics but I believe Detonics is even shorter.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.