1911 Forums : 1911Talk banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My new Mernickle system just arrived last week. Very tight and very stiff. Used the wax paper trick for two nights and still tight. Wore it around the house today and pulled about 50 presentations. Still tight, so back to the waxed paper. Will work on it and I know I will like it. Just a plain, no fancy stitching, holster for my plain Volkmann.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I ordered Leather Lightning from Mitch Rosen because I can't get it to smooth out the way I want. It rides high for sure, but I like it. The man I spoke with at Mernickle said he wears his all day with no problem and we seem to be built the same way after talking with him. I had read that the holster was "floppy" on another forum, but mine is very stiff and firm. When the "flap" is placed between the belt and holster(different than instructions) the gun rides very close. I suppose if you lean to the right it would run into your ribs, but I don't do stretches after putting on my gun belt. I will use it in a IDPA class before too long and will report after that. I also think his belt is the correct companion to the holster because it is really stiff.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.