1911 Forums : 1911Talk banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, my name is Frank, I am from San Diego CA. I used this forum to choose which gun I wanted to go with, I chose a Springfield TRP Operator. I purchased it yesterday and I am waiting for my 10 day waiting period (9 more days). I also own a Smith & Wesson .38 special hammerless airweight, and a Stoeger M2000 12g shotgun.
Just wanted to say that these forums are great and thanks for having me...

-Frank

·
Registered
207 Posts
Great to see you here finally Frank.

We are gonna give that "SUper Gun" a workout as soon as you get it man...

Is that one of YOUR frogs in your Avitar? :shades:

·
Registered
4,029 Posts
Welcome post some pic's when ya get it

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
Welcome to the forum Frank!!!:smile::smile:

·
Registered
78 Posts
Welcome, I think you'll really like the Springfield.

·
Old Sheepdog
772 Posts
Hey Frank. I'll bet you'll really like the TRP, and the 1911 platform in general. I sure fell in love with it. What's it like buying a gun in CA? I see from your post that there is a 10 day wait (we used to have a 7 day wait, but that's gone). Is there anything else you have to do to purchase a handgun?

·
Premium Member
5,072 Posts
Welcomf Frank, lived in sandy eggo for many years. Daughter and grandkids still live there.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for the warm welcome guys...

1shotneeded, Yes that is one of my frogs in my avitar. She is a Dendrobates Ventrimaculatus "Iquitos," almost 3/4 inch long now(full grown.)

Primersinmyshoe, I had to take a 30 question test go buy a handgun, it was basic stuff and I aced it 100%. That gave me a 5 year pass to buy one handgun a month. Also paid a $25 DROS fee and a $27.99 F.A.L.D fee. At least with my 1911 TRP I didnt have to buy a gun lock, I forget what the salesman said, but something about the gun that I didnt have to buy that lock..

Ill post pictures sometime after 216 more hours ....

-Frank

·
Premium Member
5,072 Posts
Jeez, what a pain. In the 80's I walked in and bought an ak, uzi a cobray m-11 and a mossy 500 shotgun in SD. I only have the mossy left.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.