1911 Forums : 1911Talk banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Spell-Check at the ready!
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Nice site here guys-- seems like a nice place to hang out and learn a thing or two.

My name is Joe and I'm a Navy vet and currently a school teacher. I spent 6 years as a AO/ EOD and rebreather instructor, I got out when I met my wife and after years of trying to have a kid we finally had my son Levi. He's two years old now and is a real hoot to have around-- I think we'll keep him. ;)

Anyways, I'm completely addicted to 1911's and precision long range rifles (not the bench rest type though), and have been for a while. We live about 10 minutes from a free out-door range so I'm lucky enough to go whenever the itch occurs (about twice a week).

My first "1911" isn't really a 1911 it's a Para Ord P14 built by Terry Tussey. It's a nail driver but a real handful. I used it in ISPC for a few years, but got away from the sport a while back.

The next 1911 I bought was a Wilson CQB and is another nail driver, super tight gun, and in my eyes a piece of art. So nice in fact that I've never carried it. It sits in the bedroom "bio" safe... I force myself to shoot it every week ;) it's a pleasure to shoot.

Recently, I started shopping for basically a workhorse 1911, something that would get me back into shooting competitively (I'm thinking IDPA). So, I bought a SA Loaded Combat-- nice gun-- not as tight as what I'm used to, nor is it as accurate (but accurate enough). I will say this though... it is extremely reliable. So much so that I just bought a Loaded lightweight bi-tone that I'll be picking up this weekend.

I know I like seeing other peoples collections so here is my humble collection (minus the SA Bi-tone):

My new Comp-Tac holster/ pouches (I bought too many pouches though) and belt-- I noticed that my old holster was a tad out of date and out of IDPA spec--
Here it is with the "OG" grips.

It's an old Bianchi that I used in ISPC with my P14-- they don't even make them anymore.

·
Premium Member
1,473 Posts
kWelcome aboard & that is th ekind of intro I like to see folks give. We know a little about you from the start & many can envy that 2wice a week range run.
I am thankful I only live 7 miles from mine.

Glad to have you.

·
Premium Member
5,072 Posts
Welcome, I did 12 years in the nav.

·
I need a vacation
1,301 Posts
Welcome to the forum! Looks like a happy little family there.

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
Welcome to the forum Joe!!! That is a very nice collection you have going there!!!:smile::smile:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.