1911 Forums : 1911Talk banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Just thought I would say hello, I'm Ridgrunner665's son. I don't own a 1911 but I have shot my dad's, and I was hoping that after he bought his new XD that he would give me his 1911, but it don't look like he is going to. I've had 2 pistols so far, a Bersa 9mm and a Bersa 45. The Bersa 45 is at the gun shop for sale so i can upgrade to either an XD or Glock 45. I have not made up my mind which yet...but it will be a 45.

I'm going to get a 1911 whenever I can afford it.

I'm in ROTC and planning on joining the USMC after high school.

·
Premium Member
5,072 Posts
Welcome young pup, glad to have you. You will probably be running this place one day.:)

Awwwww dad, no 1911 for jackrabbit?

·
Premium Member
1,367 Posts
Hello JR, good to have you. Thing about a 1911 is that they are hard to let go of. You'll get one one day. I am currently 1911 free, but am working on one.

Welcome aboard, glad to have you. Hope you learn and enjoy.

·
Premium Member
1,556 Posts
Will do...but its about time for him to head to bed. Maybe tomorrow evening if you're not busy.

·
Premium Member
1,556 Posts
He thinks he wants to be an armorer..but he's not sure yet. He does like and enjoy fooling around with guns.

·
Premium Member
1,556 Posts
He is 16 and MP is one MOS I have suggested to him many times...but I'm letting him decide for the most part. There are so many to choose from and he is a very smart young man...his options are wide open.

All I have told him is to get some training that will be useful...he says he's going in for the whole 9 yards though (until retirement)

·
Registered
883 Posts
MP is a good MOS for the most part, it has its ups and downs just like any job. When you get deployed instead of marching or doing foot patrols you get to drive around in armored vehicles. You also have to be 19 by the time you graduate the MOS school in order to go to a PMO, but if you go to a field unit you can be 18.

·
Premium Member
1,473 Posts
Welcome from Texas young man & thanks in advance for your coming service.
:wavey:to you & your Dad.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.