1911 Forums : 1911Talk banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all. I been lurking around this site for a while, and decided to buy a RIA Tactical after reading all the good things said. This is my first 1911 pistol. I must say I'm impressed with the value and quality of this gun.

I do have a couple of questions that maybe you guys can answer: Is the trigger that comes with tactical of medium, or long length? I plan to change it out for a solid trigger. What are the MIM parts on the pistol? Has anyone tried out "drop in" trigger job kits like the ones sold by cylinder and slide?

Thanks in advance.

·
1911auto Supporters
340 Posts
welcome, '33

you'll be told by the wiser 1911 dudes, that there's no such thing as a "drop in" part for a 1911

my experience has been , some "drop in" parts will drop in, but many will require minor fitting.
No experience with C&S trigger kits

as far as MIM, pret' near all of them are.
(all the small parts anyway)
That's not just RIA, but most other manufactures too now a days

Donno which trigger they use on the tac, think the one on my Gov model is a medium.
I know it's solid too

..L.T.A.

·
Premium Member
5,072 Posts
Pretty much all of the small parts on an ria are mim. It depends on the gun on how much mim they have. Colt has 2 or 3 parts that are mim, the new dan wessons have no mim. Sigs had no mim, the 2 I have are mimless, I believe the new ones to be still.

Cap is right on drop in parts, but the c&s drop in ignition kits are excellent and I would bet would drop in an ria. I have thought about getting an ria tactical and doing the same thing aling with a couple other things along with a greider solid trigger. Greider used to be videcki which set the standard.

·
Premium Member
5,072 Posts
before this year they had 1 or 2 mim parts.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.