1911 Forums : 1911Talk banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
FireStorm is supposed to be putting out new 1911s
They were slated to be out near the end of 2007 and were running late.
These are not the old Llama models.
I cant remember the name of the company they said was making them but it was out of the Philippines and it is not Armscorp.

Any one heard anything about these?

·
Registered
54 Posts
I don't know who is making them, but I just saw one in our MCX in Norfolk. Looked nice, grips seemed out of place because they appeared to be lightly stained pine. Remember, my eyes are getting bad. Also, the finish looked even and well matched to that slide and frame. $415 was the price here, but those folks are getting high in prices latley.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I have an e-mail from FireStorm about the 1911s. They said the fit and finish on the guns was real good and that they looked great.

If you get back by there can you get a picture of the FS1911 you saw and post them so we can see what they are looking like.

·
Old Sheepdog
1,235 Posts
Never heard of FireStorm. Need more info. Thanks, Tracy

·
Registered
54 Posts
Hi folks. At the Richmond, VA gunshow yesterday I held and inspected one these again.

Finish: Borderline bright blue with a slight shine to the metal. Very even tone application of the bluing process

Fit: No rattle, no slack, period. King style wide extended thumb safety and slide release. Beavertail grip safety was my only dislike. They could have done a better job in that area. Novak style sights were a new touch as were the grips. Held in place by hex screws, these grips again remind me of plain pine. Not bad, especially with the "Firestorm" logo centered with double diamonds etched in.

Price: This particaular dealer was selling it at $379.
I doubt it stayed there all day.

·
Premium Member
5,072 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,072 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Bersa makes the Firstorm line. I have a Firestorm Mini-9 that I really like. Solid craftsmanship, nice two tone finish, and very accurate--consistently low and to the right, but if you compensate, you can put them all in the 10 ring at 10 yards. The 9MM is 13+1, just like my much larger Hi-Power holds--and this is with a 3.5" barrel. Firestorm/Bersa makes quality pieces, and assuming this is also made in Argentina, sounds like a great buy.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Bersa makes the Firstorm line. I have a Firestorm Mini-9 that I really like. Solid craftsmanship, nice two tone finish, and very accurate--consistently low and to the right, but if you compensate, you can put them all in the 10 ring at 10 yards. The 9MM is 13+1, just like my much larger Hi-Power holds--and this is with a 3.5" barrel. Firestorm/Bersa makes quality pieces, and assuming this is also made in Argentina, sounds like a great buy.
That is true but they do not make the 1911s. Metro arms seems to be the manufacturer for the Firestorm 1911.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
That is true but they do not make the 1911s. Metro arms seems to be the manufacturer for the Firestorm 1911.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Ok let me try to help. The new Firestorm and the American Classic are made by Metro Arms . Bersa makes the Firestorm in the DA/SA pistols and now Metro is making the new 1911's Last time I checked they were coming in to US at 400 a month This is a new factory and they will increase production .
Eagle Imports handles Bersa and Firestorm / American classic.
I was lucky enough to receive a AC serial #07x I have been playing with it and found it very well made and slide to frame is excellent . I complety stripped and found all parts well finished and have noted no problems . I have fired about 500 rounds of ball and some Corbon DPX , Federal and Remington HP . No failers of any kind.
Several members of my board http://bersatalk.com
have bought the Firestorm or American Classic and have has good results. Only complaint I had were the grips. A pistol as nice as this deserves better grips. Since most people change them first guess no big deal. These are also 1911 compatiable

·
Registered
3 Posts
Ok let me try to help. The new Firestorm and the American Classic are made by Metro Arms . Bersa makes the Firestorm in the DA/SA pistols and now Metro is making the new 1911's Last time I checked they were coming in to US at 400 a month This is a new factory and they will increase production .
Eagle Imports handles Bersa and Firestorm / American classic.
I was lucky enough to receive a AC serial #07x I have been playing with it and found it very well made and slide to frame is excellent . I complety stripped and found all parts well finished and have noted no problems . I have fired about 500 rounds of ball and some Corbon DPX , Federal and Remington HP . No failers of any kind.
Several members of my board http://bersatalk.com
have bought the Firestorm or American Classic and have has good results. Only complaint I had were the grips. A pistol as nice as this deserves better grips. Since most people change them first guess no big deal. These are also 1911 compatiable
Who/where is Metro Arms? Haven't heard of them before. Are they mfgd in the PI? That seems to be the new hot spot for making low priced handguns these days....think Charles Daly, e.g.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts