1911 Forums : 1911Talk banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
the price of bullets is headed skyward fellows. I'm stocking up
From Fox News
" WASHINGTON — The Environmental Protection Agency is setting a new health standard for lead. It will slash the amount of the toxic metal allowed in the nation's air by 90 percent.

EPA officials, who were under a federal court order to set a new standard by midnight Wednesday, said the new limit would better protect health, especially children.

The new limit — 0.15 micrograms per cubic meter — is the first update to the lead standard since 1978, when it helped phase out leaded gasoline.

The new standard announced on Thursday would require the 16,000 remaining sources of lead, including smelters, metal mines, and waste incinerators, to reduce their emissions."

·
I need a vacation
1,301 Posts
90%! :eek: We're all gonna be footing the bill on that one. EPA - saving the world on your dime.

·
Banned
1,461 Posts
Time to stock up and reload like a mad man now.I am Glad I got my Dillon 1050 and set up with .45 ACP Dies. I already made up 2800 Lasercast .200 grain SWC with 4.5 grain of titegroup and it not only functions perfect on all my 45's but is is the most accurate load me and my shooting partner have made up. We lowered our Recoil springs and main springs. Recoil I run from 15lbs to 17 lbs. anmd use a 19 lbs. mainspring and a extra poer firing pin spring.
S/F Vic

·
Registered
17 Posts
No, I don't think it affects us.

The EPA only identified 18 counties in Alabama, Colorado, Florida, Illinois, Indiana, Minnesota, Missouri, New Jersey, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Tennessee and Texas would fail to meet the standard due to local lead-based industries. It is believed that the only lead smelter in the United States that would be affected is in Herculaneum, Mo., the home of the last lead smelter in the U.S.

If you look over the EPA web site on lead polution http://www.epa.gov/air/lead/ you will see that they are targeting industries that release lead compounds into the air, not guys like us who buy and use elemental lead for casting.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.