1911 Forums : 1911Talk banner
1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I stopped in a local gunshop today and saw a new 1911 from CZ. Thats right, it had CZ on the frame not Dan Wesson. Called the Valor, local shop had it tagged for $1249. Had a very dark bluing, almost black, dull matte type finish, nicely done, very smooth. Checkered front strap, solid trigger, adjustable Novak type rear sight, no guide rod, single side safety, beavertail, V10 checkered green slim grips, stainless barrel and bushing, no markings. The slide to frame and barrel to bushing/slide fit was great, almost Baer like.

I darn near bought it but the rear sight installation stopped me.......I don't care for that kind of rear sight and the sight cut was so deep there would be no way to fit any other kind of sight into it. Kinda looked like a CZ version of the Baer Thunder Ranch but without night sights. Very nicely built gun, well worth the asking price.

·
Registered
4,029 Posts
Its Still a Dan wesson they have talked about it in the Daw wesson forum here and else where.. I dont like the STD Novak night sights have you seen the heirloom precision Rear replacement for the Novak? I like it

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I thought HP stopped making parts when they reformed the shop when Lew left?????

·
Registered
4,029 Posts
They still make parts Let me find a link

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Wrong sight, that one is for the fixed sight not the adjustable type that looks like a Novak fixed, different slide cut. Which is why I didn't buy it and the cut was very deep into the slide. If it had been a normal Novak sight cut the gun would be sitting on the desk as I type this :biglaugh:

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Me bad.........just looked at Novak's web site, his is a little different. The rear on the CZ looked more like this one....

http://championgunsights.com/proddetail.asp?prod=860-636

A lot bigger than Novak's, if it had been a Novak or similar I would buy it adn change the rear to a Heirloom Precision fixed, yep OD is to blame, well not really but we'll blame him for it:wink:

·
Premium Member
5,072 Posts

·
Registered
4,029 Posts
It should still be a novak Cut.. i wouldnt want a gun with the sight linked up top either.. the ones i have seen of the valor have the novak ..

·
Premium Member
5,072 Posts
linked?

·
Registered
4,029 Posts
The Sight Gunner Linked to

·
Premium Member
5,072 Posts
Oh, those are novak cut adjustable. You could put any novak cut sight in there.

·
Registered
4,029 Posts
yeah but they look ugly as all get out

·
Premium Member
5,072 Posts
Not as ugly as bomars and at least you can put something else in place of it. If I wanted an adjustable sight I would take it over bomars any day.

If you look at the valor pic above that's what they look like on the gun and they are not that bad.

·
Registered
4,029 Posts
yeah on a gun they do look better..but i would change them out for fixed right away

·
Premium Member
5,072 Posts
I would too, I don't like adjustables of any type and with a bomar cut you are stuck with it pretty much, or something REALLY ugly. If I want to adjust my sights I'll tap them over.

I just noticed this though in a dave severns post:

FWIW, the adjustable rear sight on the Valor is NOT a Novak, which, BTW, would require some additional, minor machining of the slide to install instead of the factory sight.
So the listings of it as a novak must be incorrect. I would also steer clear of it gunner, you were correct it seems. I wonder why they decided to do that?

·
Registered
4,029 Posts
Maybe Keith will answer.. Interesting they didn't use Novak as my Fixed Sight DW's were Novak

·
Premium Member
5,072 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
It was mentioned in the other thread you linked.....

"0.20 gap is for room so the sight can be adjusted and no fixed sight can replace it without the gap being visible"

Too bad, nice pistol, crappy choice of sight, IMHO, then again I do like Bo Mars but want a fix sighted pistol as my next 1911.

·
Registered
4,029 Posts
I can see why ya pass it up with that Sight setup ..

1 - 20 of 49 Posts