1911 Forums : 1911Talk banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My friend Rich at Colt sent me an email yesterday about the new Colt pistol coming out in (I believe) August.
Another upgraded Colt classic is brought back in 2008 with the return of the Model O8011XSE; the Colt Combat Elite.

Once again, Colt’s Manufacturing Company LLC returns to its roots. Where quality and workmanship are demanded, Colt has once again met and exceeded the expectations of its customers. With new and exciting features this iconic legend is styled for the combat-style match shooter. A great addition to any collection or avid shooting enthusiast, new features for 2008 bring rosewood grips, a Smith & Alexander upswept beavertail grip safety, Colt single side tactical safety, and other standard features of the XSE Series.

Where history meets Modern Era, the heart and soul of Colt’s quality is still derived from its forged stainless steel frame and forged carbon steel slide. With the helping of a time honored tradition of American Craftsmanship, once again, Quality Makes It A Colt. In today’s world of polymers, investment castings, short cuts, time & cost savings, Colt continues to ask, “Show Me Your Forgingâ€.

Features:

• Front & Rear Slide Serrations
• White Dot Carry Sights
• Skeletonized 3-Hole Trigger
• Combat Hammer with Elongated Slot
• Enhanced Tolerances
• 8 + 1 Capacity
• Rosewood Grips
• Smith & Alexander Upswept Beavertail Safety
• ‘New’ Colt Single Side Tactical Thumb Safety
• Two-Tone Finish
• Chambered in .45 ACP

·
Premium Member
1,289 Posts
Love those stocks.

·
Premium Member
1,473 Posts
Man you guys stole my thunder. I like them too.
Have the crossed cannons on my SA-A1. Those have the beauty of smoooth grips and the checkered for sweaty hands.

·
Premium Member
1,473 Posts
May not be traditional but I like the front serrates on my SA-A1.
Flame suit on for all the Colt traditionalists.

·
Registered
473 Posts
Where history meets Modern Era, the heart and soul of Colt’s quality is still derived from its forged stainless steel frame and forged carbon steel slide. With the helping of a time honored tradition of American Craftsmanship, once again, Quality Makes It A Colt. In today’s world of polymers, investment castings, short cuts, time & cost savings, Colt continues to ask, “Show Me Your Forgingâ€.
Don't mean to rain on your parade but wasn't it Colt that started making mediocre pistols in the 80's? :thinking:

Anyways, it's a really nice looking gun. Is it going to have the 80 series trigger group or a "return to it's roots" 70 series group?

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Don't mean to rain on your parade but wasn't it Colt that started making mediocre pistols in the 80's? :thinking:

Anyways, it's a really nice looking gun. Is it going to have the 80 series trigger group or a "return to it's roots" 70 series group?
That was the press release from Colt, I just copied it to the forum from my email.
Yes Colt did have some trouble in the 80s. I believe they have made vast improvements.

·
Premium Member
5,072 Posts
The upswept beavertail is a nice change from the ducktail and I see they don't have the sti thumb safety on it like they were using on xse's. I think they've gone to something else on those also.

·
Registered
747 Posts
I like it. It has an actual beavertail, which is a big plus for me since I was thinking about getting an XSE at some point, but would have to change the grip safety. Does anyone know what the price will be? BTW, I like the front slide serrations. The only thing missing on it is an ambi safety (I'm a lefty). If it is priced anywhere near the XSE, it will probably be a hot seller indeed.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Great Firearm, Bro Hunter... And... Colt's...

Beautiful, although like some respondents, I prefer mine pretty basic, my favorite being my M1911 Colt from late 1918... That said...

I've got four Colt's out of seven 1911s, counting First Lady, my M1911. ALL of mine have been excellent. So have my Springers, and my RIA... but there is, to me, something about a good Colt's...

In fact, an O1991 is now in the process of becoming my primary carry weapon in Texas. Yeah, it's a Series 80 and has a ss barrel, but it's a good gun! I LOVE the Colt's three-dot combat sights on it, and my Super 38 Government... they're way better than my SA Mil-Spec's, and even my Ruger P90, GP100, and Taurus PT92AF... so this one, my O1991, likely will be my re-qualifying pistol for my Texas CHL next year, as well.

The bluing is beautiful, solid, and it's been 100% right out of the box!

The stocks are by a disabled American vet at: http://www.gripcrafter.com/ ... he does beautiful work, hand work... he's reasonable, and have two sets, and probably have more IF I manage to keep employed (work problems right now)...

While I love all my 1911s--my SAs and my Rock are excellent arms--there's just something about my four Colt's. I'd like to end up with a Series 70 Repro...

Congratulations, Bro Hunter! I love the platform, and I love the brand... My O1911 WWI Repro, is also excellent. I know Colt has had probs, but so have all the other manufacturers... at least, Colt's will make it right. So will SA and RIA. Never had a problem with any of my Ponies...

Y'all take care and be safe.
Mick

·
Spell-Check at the ready!
141 Posts
Beautiful, although like some respondents, I prefer mine pretty basic, my favorite being my M1911 Colt from late 1918... That said...
WOW-- for someone who likes "basic" you sure have a fancy stock-- I do believe those are the nicest stocks I've ever seen! Sweet! :shades:

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.