1911 Forums : 1911Talk banner

**new Board**

6K views 30 replies 13 participants last post by  El Pistolero 
#1 ·
I got to thinking about it and the vbulletin (this) board is better and secure than the phpbb (other) and if I was going to move to it sooner is better than later. I still have the other board unmolested, but look around and tell me what you think of this one. Most of the boards that plan on being around use vbulletin. I still have some work to do, so it's not done yet.

Oh, anyone that was linking to avatars including me will have to do it again. Sorry.

#3 ·
Me too zero, that's what most of the serious ones are. Now I just have to figure everything out in the admin panel.

#5 ·
I just tried it and it's working for me, you have to hit the quick reply buttom to the right of edit and quote first to activate it.

G
#6 ·
Oh, I get it. Thanks for clearing that up. The two big forums on the 'net dedicated to 1911s (1911forum.com & M1911.org) are using vBulletin and are doing great for themselves. But it's your forum and it's entirely up to you.

#7 ·
I like it alot from my end. More stuff to confuse me on this end, and that's pretty easy to do, but I think it's a keeper.

#8 ·
I havent been doing this forum thing as long as most of you guys...but I do like the vBulletin layout.

#9 ·
After using this one for a while I don't think there is any going back to phpbb.

#11 ·
You guys are confusing me! I just like 1911 forums! Thanks for giving me another resource and sounding board.

#12 ·
You are welcome primers and what we are talking about is that this is based on vbulletin like 1911forum, m1911 and many others are. Phpbb looks more like this:

http://www.phpbb.com/community/

#13 ·
Oh, I see. I don't care for the phpbb.

#21 ·
Information from othe sources, ie links. Could just be my learning curve...... Just attempted to copy and paste your post into this one. Will just have to use the quote.
No big deal.
I do not believe that I have thanked you for starting this Board. Thank You and if i can be of any assistance in any way just ask Boss

Chief-7700

#23 ·
Chief, I am just trying to figure it out so maybe I can help.

If you copy text from another source and want to post it then hit control and v at the same time after you have the cursor in the posting box. That is the same as paste. IF you want to cut text then highlight it and hit the delete button on the keyboard.

If you want to copy something and it does not say copy when you right click then highlight it and hit control and c at the same time. Control and c is for copy and control and v is for paste.

If you want spell check then on the posting console to the upper right then click on what looks like an abc with a check mark under it. Download and install the spell check program and it will work with the froum any time you hit the abc with the check mark.

Try these things and let me know.

#26 ·
Chief, I am just trying to figure it out so maybe I can help.

If you copy text from another source and want to post it then hit control and v at the same time after you have the cursor in the posting box. That is the same as paste. IF you want to cut text then highlight it and hit the delete button on the keyboard.

If you want to copy something and it does not say copy when you right click then highlight it and hit control and c at the same time. Control and c is for copy and control and v is for paste.

If you want spell check then on the posting console to the upper right then click on what looks like an abc with a check mark under it. Download and install the spell check program and it will work with the froum any time you hit the abc with the check mark.

Try these things and let me know.
Will give it a try. Could be my OS since I'm using MS Vista
Chief

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.