1911 Forums : 1911Talk banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,072 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got to thinking about it and the vbulletin (this) board is better and secure than the phpbb (other) and if I was going to move to it sooner is better than later. I still have the other board unmolested, but look around and tell me what you think of this one. Most of the boards that plan on being around use vbulletin. I still have some work to do, so it's not done yet.

Oh, anyone that was linking to avatars including me will have to do it again. Sorry.

·
I need a vacation
1,301 Posts
I gotta say,I like this way better. I'm pretty much used to VBulletin layouts.

·
Premium Member
5,072 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Me too zero, that's what most of the serious ones are. Now I just have to figure everything out in the admin panel.

·
Premium Member
5,072 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I just tried it and it's working for me, you have to hit the quick reply buttom to the right of edit and quote first to activate it.

G

·
Oh, I get it. Thanks for clearing that up. The two big forums on the 'net dedicated to 1911s (1911forum.com & M1911.org) are using vBulletin and are doing great for themselves. But it's your forum and it's entirely up to you.

·
Premium Member
5,072 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I like it alot from my end. More stuff to confuse me on this end, and that's pretty easy to do, but I think it's a keeper.

·
Premium Member
1,556 Posts
I havent been doing this forum thing as long as most of you guys...but I do like the vBulletin layout.

·
Premium Member
5,072 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
After using this one for a while I don't think there is any going back to phpbb.

·
Registered
4,029 Posts
this is style most boards are and flow pretty well compared to phpbb

·
Old Sheepdog
772 Posts
You guys are confusing me! I just like 1911 forums! Thanks for giving me another resource and sounding board.

·
Premium Member
5,072 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
You are welcome primers and what we are talking about is that this is based on vbulletin like 1911forum, m1911 and many others are. Phpbb looks more like this:

http://www.phpbb.com/community/

·
Old Sheepdog
772 Posts
Oh, I see. I don't care for the phpbb.

·
Premium Member
5,072 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Yep, sigforum is pretty bad also.

·
Premium Member