1911 Forums : 1911Talk banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After long thought and study, I have finally purchased an AR15.
I went with the Stag Arms model 3. It is the complete flat-top...no sights at all. Got it for $760 + S&H which I didn't think was too bad.
I have also bought a flip-up front and rear sight set. They were with Sportsmans Guide, and were about half the price of others. I was worried a little about them in view of the price. Upon getting them in, they are made by ProMag and seems to be of fairly good quality.
I'm also in the proccess of getting an EOTech 511. EOTech is a bit pricey, but if I can get it for what I'm offering it'll be a pretty good deal.
Also got a couple of Brownells 30rd AR mags.
I'll post pics and a rnage report when I get it all together.

·
I need a vacation
1,301 Posts
Can't go wrong wit Stag. Good call.

Promag...I wouldn't use their magazines,but I guess their sights oughta be alright.

So do you have it yet,or is it on the way?

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have it, and just got the flip-up sights on it. I haven't sighted it in yet.
Just won an uaction for an EOtech for $315!
I'm working on the pics......patience guys, patience......

·
Registered
747 Posts
That is a good price for a good AR. I read that Stag Arms is a division of LMT. Is that true? I know that LMT makes great AR's and I have read that Stags are good as well. Have fun with it, and we are anxious for those pictures.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
From my study and research, Stag has a very good reputation in the AR market (as do many other brands), and their prices are very reasonable. Being new to the AR world, I was leaning heavily on the advice and experience of others.
Here are a couple of pics. The flip-up sights are on, but I have not had a chance to sight them in.

·
Registered
747 Posts
Looks great. I think that you will really like the Eotech as well. I have one on my Rock River and I love it. However, there is one thing that I don't like about the Eotech. I don't like the fact that the reticle is only crisp and clear if I have my glasses on. Without my glasses, the reticle is a fuzzy fat donut looking mess. This is a mystery to me as it is right in front of my face, and my glasses are to help me see things that are far away. The only explanation that I can come up with is that the reticle is supposed to look as though it is about 50ft in front of the shooter. I guess that would explain why I need my glasses to see it clearly. Besides that complaint, I find the Eotech to be fast, and easy to make accurate hits with. Plus, I think it looks cool on the gun :biggrin:

·
I need a vacation
1,301 Posts
And as we all know, in the world of tactical operators looking cool is priority numero uno. :biggrin:

Enjoy your AR and the Eotech. I'd like a red dot style scope someday but I don't really have any guns they could go on,except an AK. I think a TruGlo or something might be pretty handy on my 10/22 though.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.