1911 Forums : 1911Talk banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
1911auto Supporters
341 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been wanting one of these since they first came out. However, I have absolutely NO use for one. But the thought has always been in the back of my head that I want one. About two years ago I finally got to shoot one. My buddy has one with a 8 3/4 inch barrel on it. I loved it but wanted something with a shorter barrel.

I then found the 2 1/2 inch barrel version but it was $1200. Like I said I have NO real use for it plus as expensive as the ammo is for it the voice of reason prevailed. Until.......

I was out going to the gun stores with a buddy of mine last week. We went to the gun store that is my favorite to trade with. Also, they have 2,000 guns in stock at all times. There it was a S&W 500 magnum with a 4 inch barrel. It was used which helps with price. I had to see it. I fell in love with it again.

I fought back the urge and handed it back to the salesperson and went on my way. I have thought about it all week and even called a couple of times to see if it was still there. It was. Sat. I called them back and told them to pull it from the shelf that I would be there to get it. (salesmen there all know me by name)

This morning I got out of bed early and drove down there to get it. I took a Wlather PPK, a Taurus 24/7 longslide, and a Ruger MK3 hunter 22lr to use for trades. I walked out with the 500mag and a few boxes of ammo:smile:. I am a happy man I shot it in the backyard earlier with some 350 grain ammo. I am going to order some 600 grain ammo for it in the near future.

I also am going to take it to a buddies house tomorrow and shoot it alot more. I am looking forward to it.

·
I need a vacation
1,301 Posts
Heh heh heh...cool story. I haven't shot one,so how's the recoil? Does the porting handle most of it?

I must admit that I too pine for what I don't need. I still would like a Desert Eagle .50 someday,but I know I'd just never shoot it.

·
1911auto Supporters
341 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Heh heh heh...cool story. I haven't shot one,so how's the recoil? Does the porting handle most of it?

I must admit that I too pine for what I don't need. I still would like a Desert Eagle .50 someday,but I know I'd just never shoot it.

It kicks quite a bit harder than my 44 magnum that has a two inch barrel.

·
Registered
747 Posts
Congrats!

I am envious for two reasons. One, I want your new gun. Two, you live on enough land that you can shoot a .500 mag. in your back yard :wink:. Please give us pictures!!!! Sometimes it is nice to buy things just because you want them. Plus, now you have a reason to go to Montana or Alaska on a fishing trip in bear country (there, I gave you a reason to need your new gun).

·
Registered
4,029 Posts
They are fun to shoot i have a 500 4" and a 460 5" Reload your own thats the ticket for decent ammo

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.