1911 Forums : 1911Talk banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Nevada just added Florida to its list of recognized permits.

I was in the Lake Tahoe area when Nevada started recognizing Utah this last October and took photos on the north Nevada side of the lake.

Enjoy Incline Village, NV and send letters to South Lake Tahoe hotels in California telling them why they did not get your dollars.

Yes, I have a Cali permit, but, I'm mad at how the state operates.

·
Banned
1,461 Posts
Needs to add AZ I hope nest I go to Vegas many times a year and I carry till I get to the check point. The the gun goes in the trunk and the Mag goes in the glove compartment. I hate feeling naked.

·
Unemployed
218 Posts
Good news, my Florida application went in the week before last. But in any case, I received my Utah permit on the 31st.

Reconvic, why not get your Florida and/or Utah permit. That would cover you in a bunch of states. Either is easy.

For Utah, you need to find a Utah certified instructor to go through the drill and sign you off. There are Utah certified instructor in every state. I found one near me here in California. Check the Utah BCI website (http://bci.utah.gov/CFP/CFPHome.html ) for a state by state list. In any case, Insight (http://www.insightfirearmstraining.com/ ) in Prescott gives Utah CCW classes.

You can do the Florida process entirely by mail. You can request the application package online at http://licgweb.doacs.state.fl.us/weapons/index.html. I believe that your Arizona CCW would suffice to establish your weapon qualification. The one trick with Florida is that your fingerprints must be taken by a law enforcement agency.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Needs to add AZ I hope nest I go to Vegas many times a year and I carry till I get to the check point. The the gun goes in the trunk and the Mag goes in the glove compartment. I hate feeling naked.
Vic,
You can carry loaded pistol in your car within Nevada without a CCW permit, except in the cities of Boulder and North Las Vegas. Thus place your unloaded pistol in the trunk when you pass by Boulder and you can put it back in the compartment loaded when you reach Las Vegas, unless you are going North into the City of North Las Vegas.

Rifles even with CC must be unloaded and in the trunk, without magazines.

I understand open pistol carry , seen in three sides, thus in a holster visible side, front and back is allowed too, except in Boulder and North Las Vegas. However I have not really seen anyone carrying open here in Las Vegas.

As suggested by Frank get a UT permit, for the class I "took" in a gun show here with all the paperworks provided , then to a private finger printing shop and sent application, card, photos and money order payment by mail, got the permit in 3 months.

·
Unemployed
218 Posts
Tony,

Are visitors to Las Vegas still required to register their handguns with the police within 24 hours of arrival? I seem to recall that was a requirement some years ago.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Tony,

Are visitors to Las Vegas still required to register their handguns with the police within 24 hours of arrival? I seem to recall that was a requirement some years ago.

Okay, I stand corrected, Thanks.

My discussion is for those with the blue card. I forgot transients would not have that. Yes local police issues the blue card and if you are a Nevada resident and come to posses a firearm you are required to go to the local police to get the blue card.,

·
Registered
37 Posts
Okay, I stand corrected, Thanks.

My discussion is for those with the blue card. I forgot transients would not have that. Yes local police issues the blue card and if you are a Nevada resident and come to posses a firearm you are required to go to the local police to get the blue card.,

More info on Nevada Reading the traveler's guide to the firearm's law- the blue card registration applies only to residents and does not affect visitors.
Thus this guide says not much problems for travelers with firearms. As previously posted rifles and shot guns must be unloaded and unconcealed. Unloaded means no ammo in the chambers , magazinies can be loaded. Loaded hand guns can be carried in the compartment if in plain view or in the glove box. Open carry in visible belt hoslter is okay.
A weapon carried hidden in one's clothing in clothing or carried in a container is considered concealed carry and illegal; but a hand gun secured in a gun case in the pasegnger seat is okay.
Again except in North Las Vegas and Boulder. They must be unloaded including magzines and in the trunk. No opne carry.
Hope this helps.

·
Unemployed
218 Posts
Tony,

However, I believe that if I have a Nevada CCW, or now, with reciprocity, a Utah or Floridia CCW, I would be able to carry concealed in Las Vegas (Cook County). But it was my understanding that under a rule unique to Cook County, I would need to register my gun within 24 hours of arrival.

Does this all ring any bells?

Frank

·
Registered
37 Posts
The travelers guide states that registration is only for RESIDENTS of Nevada not applicable to visitors. I have to check the latest reciprocity list as this is newly enacted in 2007, my 2006 boodk still state no reciprocity that was changed in 2007.

here is a link t the NV gun law...it talks about registration of handguns upon transfer of ownership etc and it does not mention visitors and non residents. I have seen people from CA come here with their firearms to shoot at the range.
http://crime.about.com/gi/dynamic/o...gov/firearms/statelaws/23rdedition/nevada.pdf and more dtails here
http://www.leg.state.nv.us/NRS/NRS-202.html

I have to do more research

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.