1911 Forums : 1911Talk banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently traded for a blued Les Baer TRS. It was used but in great shape. When I got the gun home and switched the grips back to the original ones, I noticed the following marks. I tried cleaning the area and this is what I am left with. I don't really have any other guns with a blued finish (I briefly had a blued python I gave to my Dad). Should I be concerned about these marks?
Thanks. I haven't been able to take the newest one to the range yet. I only have one other blued gun and have a question for those of you how are more familiar with them. I noticed the following marks on my TRS when I switched the grips out...should I be concerned?

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Almost looks like someone put in a new threaded grip screw bushing and marred it up with a copper head hammer?
That could be it. I know someone traded out the thin grips for standard thickness ones. they may have messed things up when replacing the screw bushings. The guy played it off saying that they were like that when he bought it and that he thought they were just tooling marks from les baer and forget they were there or he would have mentioned them before the trade. I have a hard time believing that Baer would leave tooling marks like that...especially since my other Baer does not have them.

·
Registered
692 Posts
That sure is an odd set of marks!
If there weren't so many marks one would think they were caused by 'rebound' from trying to remove a previous bushing... But that doesn't look to be the case.

Did you try running your fingernail over them to determine the relative depth of the damage? Sure is odd.

I'm with Vic... send it back to Les.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.