1911 Forums : 1911Talk banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just picked up a Colt 2" lawman MK III .357 mag... NIB never Fired however the new toy has some rust spot on it:mad: What is the best way to remove these spots?
Chief

·
Registered
4,029 Posts
how bad is the rust a pic will help and ill give you ideals from there..

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Bud, will post on pictures on Sunday.The spots are on the left hand side of the top strap and some on the cylinder. otherwise this toy is perefect.

Chief

·
Old Sheepdog
772 Posts
I'd rub the spots with an oiled patch until saturated. In fact, I'd oil down the whole gun. I wouldn't use anything abrasive on it. Sound like it need tender loving care.

·
Registered
4,029 Posts
oil it for sure Blue wonder will remove rust but all depends how bad it is thats why i want to see pics first..

·
Registered
4,029 Posts
Try oiling them and some hand scrubbing if not ..try blue wonder in a small amount it will remove rust woth more scrubbing

·
Registered
692 Posts
That rust looks like it was caused by the acidic sweat from a hand. A little blue wonder and an old tooth brush to scrub it and you should clean 'er right up. Oil 'er good and shoot it.:wink:

·
Banned
1,461 Posts
Chief they are all saying the truth, (hard to beleive ) but they are lol. Blue wonder and a little elbow grease it should be removed.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.