1911 Forums : 1911Talk banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
I need a vacation
1,301 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have to leave in a few minutes to go to a meeting at the range. They called all the members and asked if they could make it. They've never done that before,so I wonder what's up...:confused: It's either Member Appreciation/Free Ammo Day or there's some bad legal news (like we're getting shut down). I'll fill y'all in when I get back.

·
Registered
4,029 Posts
Hope its Free ammo Day

·
Premium Member
1,473 Posts
Me too & I am gonna pray the Ill. antis cant touch your range.
LT

·
Premium Member
932 Posts

·
I need a vacation
1,301 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
Good news and bad news. One of the eminent domain lawsuits against us was dismissed,which we thought it would be,and the county was ordered to repay all legal fees that we incurred. While that's great,the bad news is that until the county pays up(which may take a while) the club has bills to pay now,but all our money was used to pay lawyers.

But at least we're still here.

It's really no longer an issue about safety,which has been addressed to the court's satisfaction many times. After having their lawsuits and injunctions rejected,it has now simply become a personal ax to grind for certain people. Safety is the issue that they are using to push their case.

·
Premium Member
1,473 Posts
Good deal. May your creditors be willing to wait on pmt for a while.

·
I need a vacation
1,301 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
So what are you doing here and not out recruiting new members.
I've recruited everyone I know,but at $240 a year it's a little steep for most. One of the things they're trying to decide is if they should keep the same rates,or cut them in half and hope for at least twice as many members to join.

We're having an open house 5/18,so I'll be at the Belleville gun show on 5/3 handing out fliers.

Hey,this is post #500 for me. :cool:

·
Premium Member
1,473 Posts
Compared to ours that is steep. But then I dont know about the overhead you have.

·
Registered
366 Posts
I'm glad you guys won on the one thing and hope you can rustle up some members to help with the financial end of things.

I am lucky to have a public range in town, and be able to shoot there after hours so I dont have to deal with the public :)

·
Registered
692 Posts
You may want to create a letter to your creditors stating your circumstances and that you will gladly pay a portion of your bills until the fees are returned to you. Keep them informed and they should be understanding.

What about an ad campaign to increase membership? Bumper stickers? A free day of shooting?

Best of luck to you!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts