1911 Forums : 1911Talk banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I posted this here because the only parts left from Kimber are the slide and the frame, so if it needs to be moved to the Kimber section, that's fine.

I just received my Warrior back from Drake's and I can't tell you how pleased I am! Drake was wonderful to work with and not to mention, did an outstanding job on everything that I asked to be done. Not only was hs work top notch, but the turn-around time as well as the prices and customer service is wonderful. If you are planning any work to be done on a 1911 or Melonite on a pistol, don't hestitate to give him a call.

Anyhow, here it is!

WORK DONE ON MY KIMBER WARRIOR

Work done by Evolution Gun Works:
-Reliability package
-EGW extractor
-EGW Firing pin stop
-EGW extended mag catch installed and tuned
-Checker front strap 25LPI
-Smith and Alexander mag well machine blended and checkered 25LPI to match the front strap
-Trigger job at 4#’s with EGW hammer, sear and disconnector
-Carry Bevel
-All new ISMI premium springs
-EGW Heavy Duty pin set
-EGW XL 1911 ejector
-Yost Pro rear sight

Work done by Drakes Gun Works:
-Install and blend Chip McCormick Grip safety
-Fit and tune spare EGW HD Extractor
-Fit spare Cylinder slide thumb safety
-Fit slide to frame
-Hard fit Kart NM barrel and throat
-Fit EGW monogram busing/plug with “Smiley Faceâ€
-Fit EGW carry bevel bushing/plug
-Blend rear of slide and contour with Yost Pro sight and serrate rear of slide and sight 40LPI
-Fit 10-8 slide stop
-Fit spare Wilson Hard Core slide stop
-Fit 10-8 solid trigger
-Ned Christiansen Extra Stout plunger tube installed
-Re-finish entire pistol and spare parts in Melonite

Lanyard and side bevels on the mag well and rounding of the “butt†of the mag well was done by Mars Armament.

Magazines are Tripp Research Cobra mags with the bodies coated in Ion Bond matte.

·
I need a vacation
1,301 Posts
Now that's a Kimber I would not mind getting my hands on! Very business-like with several custom touches, but without looking too uber-tactical. :gun3:

·
Premium Member
932 Posts
I must say that is one beautiful pistol.:biggrin:

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I bought my Warrior with some of the work already done. I got a really good deal on it through one of the forums, so I don't have as much money in it as it's worth. I bought it for $1650 after all of the work was done by EGW, so you figure the pistol is probably $1300 new, give or take and the work from EGW was a little over $1000.00, so I think that I came out pretty good! The cost of the work from Drakes was probably around $800, maybe a little more when I figure in parts.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I put 300 rounds through it a couple days ago. The pistol shoots straight as an arrow, point to aim and is far more accurate than I will ever be able to shoot it. I had a few failures to feed initially and a few failure to lock back. After I ran 250 rounds of ball and 50 rounds of 230 Gold Dot and it was running 100%. I spoke to Drake and he said that he wasn't satisfied and wants me to send it back so he can test it some more with the Gold Dot HP's. It also started dropping the hammer without the grip safety being depressed, so he is going to take care of that also. Drake has been great to work with and said that he was going to take care of all the shipping on it. What better custom service could anyone ask for!

·
Registered
11 Posts
I put Hogue custom scalloped ebony grips on my Desert Warrior. I "polished" the feed ramp (really just cleaned and smoothed it abit). I dropped in a Wilson bullit proof slide stop. And I added a Kimber mag-well and MSH.
It had a great trigger from Kimber, and has been totally reliable and dead nutz accurate. Its on my "not for sale" list. Yours is prettier though! I think
you should put it on your "not for sale" list! Beautiful!

·
Registered
138 Posts
Very Nice gun!
It would seem that no expense was spared.
I'm glad that the bill for all that isn't showing up at my door right now!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
It's sitting next to me as I type this. :) Yeah, Drake took care of the issues and took care of the shipping both ways. I now have about 1300 rounds through the pistol and it runs 100% and shoots like a dream! I can't say enough for not only the workmanship of Drake Oldham, but also the service. I'm sure that he will be very busy.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Drake is building my retirement pistol. He melonited the slide on my Dan Wesson CBOB. He has been great to work with. I got a chance to meet him at this years Shot Show. It looks like he did a great job on your pistol. I am sure he will address any problems you have.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Drake is building my retirement pistol. He melonited the slide on my Dan Wesson CBOB. He has been great to work with. I got a chance to meet him at this years Shot Show. It looks like he did a great job on your pistol. I am sure he will address any problems you have.
Oh, Drake is good as gold! He took care of the issues quickly and the pistol has run 100% since. Be sure to post some pics of your pistol when it is done!

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.