1911 Forums : 1911Talk banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
RR and Ithaca. :biggrin:

Both have been reparked, but are in outstanding shape otherwise, inside and out. No gouges or deep stratches and very little pitting.

Original plastic grips are nice as well.

·
Premium Member
751 Posts
I love them. Wish they lived with me. Very nice, MK

·
Registered
11 Posts
This may sound like treason but they look so good it temps me to repark mine. Mine isn't exactly origional it has a replacement slide and that really makes me wonder if I should refinish it. Now I pictures of yours and the temptation grows.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Reparkerized M1911A1's

Your two pistols are things of beauty, despite their being refinished.

I wonder about the "SA" marking on one of the pistols?

Have you checked it out? Is it "San Antonio Armory"?

I understand at one time, here in San Antonio, many of the military shooters were re-arsenalized here.

To my knowledge, only one of the original buildings still exists here in the city!

I would suggest the only thing better than owning one M1911A1, would be the privelege of having more than one!

Viettom
San Antonio

·
Premium Member
1,289 Posts
Your two pistols are things of beauty, despite their being refinished.

I wonder about the "SA" marking on one of the pistols?

Have you checked it out? Is it "San Antonio Armory"?

I understand at one time, here in San Antonio, many of the military shooters were re-arsenalized here.

To my knowledge, only one of the original buildings still exists here in the city!

I would suggest the only thing better than owning one M1911A1, would be the privelege of having more than one!

Viettom
San Antonio
"SA" stands for Springfield Armory (the original government owned Springfield Armory, not the current civilian company). San Antonio Arsenal was SAA.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Beautiful guns. When were they manufactured?
I just bought one built in 1918 ... pick it up next Saturday.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Those are great specimens...it would concern me little about the refinish. Nice to see them being taken care of, and if refinishing keeps them around longer...then so be it.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.