1911 Forums : 1911Talk banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
751 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I just want to tell all of you that I just get back from Chicago. I went to the Great Lakes Naval base to watch my youngest son, yes my baby, graduate from Naval Boot Camp. I have to tell you that this was one of my proudest moment in my life. It tells me that I did a good job with this young man. There were so many young Americans there that I have to wonder why they would want to do this the way they are treated these days. I have renewed hope for our great country. I only had a couple of hours with Tyler as he had to ship out to South Carolina for his AIT ( i don't know what they call it in the Navy but my Army buddies know what I mean). By the way, He did such a good job that he got to choose his duty assignment, He chose Submarines, go figure. A chip off the old block, I chose to be a Paratrooper when I enlisted. God Bless America, Mirando
I added this picture of him after the graduation

·
Premium Member
932 Posts
I totally agree, you should be very proud.:flag:

·
Registered
151 Posts
You have every right to be proud. I work with the Navy each day now and see the young men and women going through the Master at Arms A-school here in San Antonio and, as a retired Air Force guy, I am glad to see each one of them brimming with confidence and redy to take on the tough challenges that today's military men and women have to face. I know that for a lot of these Sailors that was instilled in them by parents or some other positive adult role model.

Good on you sir and for your son doing his part to help protect this great nation!!!

·
Registered
64 Posts
Congratulations and best wishes to your son Tyler. Hats off to you for passing on a love of Country and sense of duty and responsibility.

Ya' dun good. ;)

·
Premium Member
751 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks to you all, Mirando

·
I need a vacation
1,301 Posts
Guess there ain't much else to say, yep, you should be proud!

·
Premium Member
751 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thank you

·
Premium Member
751 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thanks to all of you guys, Mirando

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.