1911 Forums : 1911Talk banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I took my Rock Tactical .45 to the range again today. I have over 1500 rounds through it with no malfunctions. I have used home loads, and three brands of factory loads and it eats EVERYTHING I put in it. The gun is amazing. It is dead nuts accurate and as dependable as Xlax.... I am starting to punch out centers with it, but my focus is tactical shooting with combat accuracy at speed.

Also, it never fails, I let several guys shoot it and they are all amazed when I tell them it is a 400 dollar gun NEW.

When I stripped it and cleaned it today I looked for wear and tear and did not see anything looking worn or needing any work.

It remains one of my prize possessions. I am a teacher with a family and my wife home schools our kids so money is more than just tight here in CA. If not for RIA, I simply would not own a 1911.

Thanks RIA for a rockin ROCK of a gun... :rolleyes:

·
Registered
4,029 Posts
Sounds like ya got a great pistol ..

·
I need a vacation
1,301 Posts
Sweet! Nothing's worse than a bad 1911,and nothing's better than a good 1911, right?

·
Old Sheepdog
772 Posts
Thanks for the positive report! It's refreshing to hear good news about an entry level 1911.

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
1shotneeded, glad to hear that your Rock is working great for you!!! All of mine have been fantastic and have never missed a beat!!!:smile::smile:

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks guys, I am very happy with it. For an "Entry Level" price it is fantastic.

This is my first ever 1911 so I do wonder what a higher priced gun would offer.

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
Thanks guys, I am very happy with it. For an "Entry Level" price it is fantastic.

This is my first ever 1911 so I do wonder what a higher priced gun would offer.
A higher price tag is all!!!:rofl::rofl:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts