1911 Forums : 1911Talk banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I have a few quick questions that my searches on the forum weren't able to answer.

First of all, I know the original Deltas had frame cracking problems where there was a bit of metal ABOVE the slide stop hole ... (ie, the frame bridge). To correct these issues, they removed the topstrap of the bridge ... a tiny piece of metal that supposedly alleviated the cracking problems. Here's my question: Why does my Razorback have this bridge of metal again? Did they fix another related problem? Is it just that today's metallurgy is better? Anyone know? Keith?

Second question is related to my Razorback since it's back from DW. Part of the service was replacing my sear and hammer. I noticed that my hammer is now ALL BLACK (which I actually really like). I was wondering if anyone knows who makes the hammer or if CZ/DW manufactures this part. .... not that it really MATTERS who makes it... I'm just curious.

Thanks all!

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
On another forum there was a guy that had the hammer crack where it rounds at the top so maybe they thought yours was a little thin as well.

Mine is a pre-CZ and looks just fine.

Ironically, in the forum you're referring to about the hammer crack... the crack was in a hammer EXACTLY like my NEW hammer, not my old one. Still, I'm not worried about it. Mine looks good. :flag:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.