1911 Forums : 1911Talk banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Premium Member
751 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This weekend I went to the Steel Challenge with 600 rounds of 200 grain .45 ACP LRN ammo. A long with me I had my trusty first series Kimber Classic Custom. I shot almost 300 rounds with not a single stopage. I shot last months Steel Challenge with it and then shot 4 Thursday Night Steel matches between this between this match for a approximate total round count of 1200rounds. This pistol has not yet had a stopage , NOT ONE. What a wonderfull piece of American Engineering. It may be ugly but never fails to do it's job. Now, If only it can find a guy who shoots faster then me and it may win a match or two.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Congratulations on a great pistol. The series I Kimbers just seem special these days.

Sounds much like my Gold Combat Stainless, series I.

Not one problem since day one. I think it is a great pistol.

Good luck.

Fred

·
Premium Member
751 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
It saved my butt today again. My Para P14 lost the front sight today in the Steel Challenge and guess what I had as a back up? Right, my old Kimber and it got me through the match and I took 4th in the stages and thrid in the shoot off. It is the most trust worthy pistol I know of, Mirando

·
Premium Member
751 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I shoot the Thursday Night Steel Match at the PRG club and the Steel Challenge match evey 2nd Sunday at Ben Avery with the Deer Tribe Gun Club, Mirando

·
Premium Member
751 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thank you OD, Mirando

·
Premium Member
751 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
The new ones IMHO cant even be campared to the older ones. I have owned both,Mirando

·
Premium Member
751 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 · (Edited)
I work sometime at the local pawn shop here in Casa Grande. We are required to wear a pistol in open view at all times. I have it with me all day long. It is my best friend. I feel safe with it on and since I shot steel matches I can get it out real fast in condition 1 carry. GOT TA LOVE IT, Mirando

·
Premium Member
751 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
What I meant was that the finish is worn. I am thinking about refinishing it. It is one of the finist 1911's I own. I call it my Timex. It takes a lickin but keeps on tickin. This gun just will not stop. Mirando

·
Premium Member
751 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Great gun. Thanks for sharing, Mirando :wavey:

Reactions: graceluv12
1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.