1911 Forums : 1911Talk banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I received my Yost 1911 today and I'm very impressed with the quality of this build, to say the least. Its got an outstanding trigger and a great action in general. The blued finish is incredible, as is the checkering, the hammer, and the gold inlay sights. The barrel is a Kart, which I love.

This is my first Yost and may be the finest in my collection so far. It was on unfired consignment on Gunbroker. I got it for a grand under the original build price from Yost.

Here is the original build sheet.

Yost – Bonitz Custom, LLC
2118 E. 5th Street
Tempe, AZ 85281
480-804-1911​

Tighten frame and slide, 1911, steel, labor only

Bevel magazine well, 1911, hand filed, labor only Checker front strap @ 30 lpi, Government and Commander (includes Hi-cut & truing of frontstrap), labor only

Hand checker mainspring housing @ 30 lpi, including MSH

Premium Quality 1911 trigger job, includes Yost-Bonitz tool steel sear and aluminum trigger

1* back end treatment, labor only

High-cut & bob hammer to prevent bite, labor only

Supply and install plunger tube, new barstock steel, staked

Stock screw bushings, part only

Supply and install factory Colt serrated slide stop, blue

Supply and install Colt style thumb safety, dehorned

Supply and install Kart barrel w match bushing

Complete 1911 dependability package - Wilson Bulletproof extractor, tune ejector, polish feed ramp and throat barrel, polish breech face, chamfer firing pin hole, ream chamber if necessary

Lower ejection port, labor only

Supply and install YoBo Classic Retro Sight Package - Yost-Bonitz rear, Silver brazed ramp front

Gold line inlay for ramp front sight (front sight not included), labor only

Dehorn complete pistol, labor only

Satin matte bead blast & blue complete pistol, 320 polish slide flats, labor only

Polish frame flats, labor only

1911 Grips-Hogue

Novak 8-round magazines and Pistol rug

Detail frame, straighten lines, etc., match 2nd pistol, labor only

Cost of gun including mods: $4495.00

Pics don't do this 1911 any justice at all. It has to be seen in person and handled to be fully appreciated. I have not fired it yet.

The first two pics are from the GB auction.

·
Premium Member
1,289 Posts
Very nice, Bac. :bravo:

·
Unemployed
218 Posts
Late to the party -- but a gorgeous gun. Yost does outstanding work.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.