1911 Forums : 1911Talk banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I wish I had the brain power or computer skills to post pictures:hairpull:, but sadly I have neither. What I do have is a new 5" Talon that is picture perfect. I had mine built with a bull barrel and a Recon frame (light rail frame). I considered the Wilson CQB Tactical LE:thinking: (I already have a CQB), but I am glad I went with the Nighthawk. The margin isn't great, but I give the quality edge to Nighthawk:nuts: over the Wilson.
The 3 round test target from the shop is one ragged hole. I opened up a bit but still put 16 rounds into a 2" hole at 15 yards, which is darn good in my world. Now all I need is a buyer for my S&W Pro 1911,,,,, to fund another Nighthawk (a T3).

·
Premium Member
1,289 Posts
Sounds nice, wish we had pictures though. :wink:

·
Old Sheepdog
772 Posts
Congrats on your new gun - it sounds like you got a winner. Email me a picture or two and I'll post them for you.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
I went and got my daughter to help me post a picture. I don't know if I could do it again, but I'll try when I get a better picture.

·
Old Sheepdog
772 Posts

Way to go!

What's with the text below the gun? If that's from imageshack I suggest switching to photobucket.

·
Old Sheepdog
772 Posts
Perfect!

·
Nighthawk Custom Representative
206 Posts
I am very pleased that you are happy with your purchase. If you need any assistance in the future, please let me know what you need.

·
Nighthawk Custom Representative
206 Posts
Hi guys, I just returned from the SHOT show so I have been away for a few days. We introduced a few new items at the show. We now offer aluminum frame government and commander frame pistols and Stainless Steel T3's. We also now offer a 6" long slide with or with out an optic rail. More info to come as I get organized from the road.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Just an update on my Talon. In the last six months I have put about 1000 rounds through the gun (45 practice sessions are getting shorter due to price and avability of ammo). There has not been a single feeding, extraction, or ejection issue with the gun:smile:. Recoil and muzzle flip are tamed by the bushingless bull barrel. I have run Remington, Winchester, S&B, and Georgia Arms in the gun. Usually I practice with Georgia Arms 185 FMJ, a load that all my 45's seem to like (I have had issues with Georgia Arms 9mm, but their 45 has always been first class for me).
I start all practice sessions with a three round, three yard, one hole drill. The Talon will shoot that group with any ammo, clean or dirty, hot or cold. Maybe it's not much of a drill to some, but I like it. My carry ammo is Georgia Arms again, 230 JHP Gold Dots. The Talon spends its time in a Blade Tech holster with an M3 light mounted. Draw speed with the light mounted is only slightly slower than without the light.
All that said, I have ordered another Nighthawk:nuts:, and I expect no less from it. I'll let y'all know.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I ordered a Dominator in 9mm. I had hoped to have the gun already,,,,,,,,,, but things are moving slow:sleepy: right now at Nighthawk. I am waiting:hairpull: on a barrel to come in, that's all that is lacking for my build.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.