1911 Forums : 1911Talk banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,367 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, I got tired of carrying one gun during cold weather, and then carrying a different during hot weather because of concealment options. I wanted one with a good punch, but still small enough to slip into a coat pocket, or in an IWB holster on my shorts during hotter weather.
I have that Kel-Tec 9mm, but as a personal defense round, I'm still not sold on the nine. I found this little gem, and checked into it, then decided I wanted it.
It handles like a dream with 38s, and 357's are pleasantly comfortable to shoot. It doesn't hurt at all like I thought it would. I don't expect I'll be shooting loads of magnums on the range, but the recoil is manageable, and the follow-up shots easy to make. I don't have a true accuracy test target yet, but I have been shooting paper plates at 7 yards, and keeping all my shots on it. Of course, Like I said, all I was doing was getting a feel for it, in quick firing, point of aim stuff. I'll dig out the shoot'n'c targets today maybe and see how she does. It is a DAO gun, and surprisingly enough the trigger pull is not bad at all. Its easy, smooth, and crisp when it gets to its breaking point. One of the nicest DA triggers I've seen.

·
Premium Member
1,367 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Internal hammer.
Shoots good, I'll do some target shooting, and post the target.
I am quite impressed with the ergonomics, and the accuracy. Feels good, shoots good.

·
Premium Member
5,072 Posts
Nice one Brian, .357 not much else to be said.

·
1911auto Supporters
341 Posts
I have been looking at something similar but it was only a 38 and I talked myself out of it for that reason.

·
Registered
4,029 Posts
Looks good nothing wrong with a 38 ta pack

·
Premium Member
1,473 Posts
Totally agree. That will be my carry today. Tauras 85 UL in a Miami Classic since I am mowing a widow ladies yard. That is my dirty work rig. If it takes a beating then that is OK. It has sure been NASTY a few times.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Very nice find! That's exactly the one I have, the 650. I love mine too. I've put around 1,500 rnds through it, .38, .38+p, and a variety of .357 mag. Handles great, great trigger. Fairly accurate for a 2-inch DAO, I feel.

It's mainly my BUG, but also makes a good primary for certain "laid-back" situations.:shades:

You'll love it the more you shoot it, to heck with the Taurus-bashers!:biggrin:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts