1911 Forums : 1911Talk banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have carried my Combat Commander for a year now, but it was time to lighten the load a little. I was able to find this Gunsite CCO, used with less than 250 rounds, for the right price. I am going to replace the grips with white polymer ones with the gold medallion on them and Novak sights I can see. Other than that, it will stay pretty much stock. Range report...snappier than the CC, 50 rounds and 4 inch group at 10 yards.

:shades:

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
Very nice!!!:smile::smile:

·
Registered
4,029 Posts
Very nice Congrats

·
Premium Member
5,072 Posts
Nice pistola driver, wouldn't mind one of those at all.

·
Administrator
1,288 Posts
Very nice indeed. The more I see those, the better I like them.

·
Registered
4,029 Posts
Very nice indeed. The more I see those, the better I like them.
The More i see um the more i realize Colt was a bone head to quit making um

·
Administrator
1,288 Posts
Yeah, it wouldn't be the first time. I would hazard a guess their sales didn't warrant keeping them in the line-up.

·
Registered
4,029 Posts
I wouldnt hazard that Guess OD .. I would just say they are being Stupid like with most of there Decisions they make .. Im sure none of the Revolvers like the King Cobra or Detective Special or ya know that python .. bet none of them sold at all.. i know them Smith j frames sure don't sell thats why there is what about 20 models ?

·
Administrator
1,288 Posts
Actually Bud, the Colt revolvers didn't sell well at all during the late 70s and early 1980s. At that time Colt had reps throughout the states, we'd see one every few months. He told us at the time for Colt to make a profit with their antiquated machinery and the UAW, they would have to double the selling price to make any money and they couldn't compete at the time with the then new S&W L frame, even though the Python was a much better gun.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Actually Bud, the Colt revolvers didn't sell well at all during the late 70s and early 1980s. At that time Colt had reps throughout the states, we'd see one every few months. He told us at the time for Colt to make a profit with their antiquated machinery and the UAW, they would have to double the selling price to make any money and they couldn't compete at the time with the then new S&W L frame, even though the Python was a much better gun.
Thank God for unions!

To hell with the product! Pay us more than we're worth! Competing in a global economy, be-damned!

Marx and Lenin, smile in heaven.

·
Registered
69 Posts
You have there what I consider the Ultimate 1911 Carry Pistol.
Congrats.....
DD

1 - 18 of 18 Posts