1911 Forums : 1911Talk banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
747 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey there all. I just got this AK on Saturday. It is a Bulgarian made SSR-85C. It seems to be very well made. However, there are a few things that I don't like about it. The finish on it sucks. It looks very worn, especially for a new in box rifle. I new this would be the case though as I researched this model before buying. The other complaint is that thew mag that came with it (Pro Mag) is pretty wobbly. I'm hoping that it is the magazine and not the rifle, as I have read that pro mag magazines often fit loosely in AK's. I will buy more mags soon and hopefully they will be more snug. Here are some pics for your viewing pleasure.

I have not shot it yet, but I hope all is well in that regard. I wish you all a happy holiday!

·
I need a vacation
1,301 Posts
Sweeeet. You're all set on the zombie front now!

Now get some more magazines and get good ones,Eastern Commie or Bulgarian waffle mags (they look like the one you have,only they're much better). Maybe they're better now but I've never used a ProMag product that worked. My advice is:

Lay mag on brick
Whack with hammer
Discard in fire

·
Registered
747 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yah, I haven't heard much good about Pro Mag either. I am going to buy a K-Var waffle mag, and maybe a steel mag after Christmas. I sold a Romanian SAR-1 to get this bad boy. It seems to be very well made. It has a bunch of original AK 47 (milled) type components including heavier barrel, and seems quite sturdy. It seems a lot nicer than the Romanians, but that being said, if the AK market goes back to normal in the future, I'll probably pick up another Romanian if I can find one for cheap. I payed $280 for my old SAR-1, and put it up for auction on gunbroker recently. It sold for $605. CRAZY!!!!!! I hope that my new Bulgy is a good shooter. It will be a while before I can test it out:bawling: Regarding the terrible finish, I figure that after a while, I can get it refinished. I knew when I ordered it that the finish would be less than spectacular, as I had read many reviews of this rifle. Bring on those Zoimbies:biggrin:

·
Registered
82 Posts
Congrats on your new AK, very nice. I just picked up a CZ VZ 58 which is a very cool rifle. This is a tactical Sporter, they also make a traditional stock and folder model also. They are the standard issue rifle of the Czech military. Hers a pic if you haven't seen one.

·
Premium Member
1,289 Posts
Very nice, gentlemen!

·
I need a vacation
1,301 Posts
Wow,good price for your AK. I bought my SAR-1 for $350,traded it for a Taurus 66 revolver,then sold the revolver for $350. Guess I shoulda held on to it....

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.