1911 Forums : 1911Talk banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Old Sheepdog
772 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
St. Louis, Mo has Mayor Francis Slay. He is anti gun and trying to advance his agenda with a poll that is obviously worded to get the answers he wants. Take a look:

http://mayorslay.com/polls/20081204gun.asp

·
I need a vacation
1,301 Posts
Francis Slay has been a buffoon and a tool since before Day #1 on the job. Some of those questions were fairly ambiguous,but some were pretty straight up.

Which of the following conditions do you think is the most important cause of gun violence in the US?

The availability of guns
The way children are raised
The influence of TV, movies, video games, or the Internet
Anger
The way children are raised,obviously. A lot of kids that need smackin' don't get it. I don't think that's what he has in mind though.

Which of the following would make you least likely to enjoy your drink and dinner in a City restaurant?

A publicly displayed handgun
A publicly displayed breast
A public display of affection
A loudly squawking child
A puffed cigar
A screaming toddler. If I wanted to hear that I could stay home. ;) A puffed cigar I might not mind,and a displayed breast...well some people pay extra for that. If I saw a handgun on what appeared to be a law-abiding citizen I'd probably not look twice other than to see what he was carrying.

·
Premium Member
1,473 Posts
Many questionaires like this one only have one or 2 Qs in them that are really the target questions. This guy is probably going to use the last 3 Qs only.
He is an idiot is all that canbe said for him.:hairpull:

·
Old Sheepdog
772 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Wish us luck, he's up for re-election!

·
Registered
42 Posts
What does a poll really have to do with anything? First off I have no idea as to what the MO. constitution says. But I do know that all state constitutions are required to be in line with the US constitution, and cannot over ride it. the US constitution is the supreme law of the land. Polls are like a democracy, mob rule. This nation is not a democracy we are a nation of laws. Every time the a public official starts flapping his lips about democracy they should wash his moth out with soap and make him publicly read the US constitution.

·
Premium Member
1,556 Posts
Polls do serve the purpose of showing public opinion...too bad most of the polls are ignored.

·
Registered
42 Posts
The only problem I have with polls is that they can be written to elicit the result the poller wants. I have taken many but give there results little credence for this reason.

This holds true when a poll is taken in public. Example if you have an area of extreme gun violence and you take a poll in that area asking if guns should be banned you will probably get an overwhelming response that yes they should.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.