1911 Forums : 1911Talk banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Inspired by JD, I've decided to share my Ithaca story.

My friend and the one who introduced me to the great 1911 and 1911A1 was going through (and still is in the middle of) an ugly devorce. He called me up and says, "I'm selling all my guns. Are there any I have that you want?"

I was broke. Really broke and told him as much. I told him I wanted the Ithaca, but I could not afford it. He said, "Make me an offer." I told him I could maybe scrape up $400, but that would be an insult as I knew the pistol was worth MUCH more.

He says, "I'll tell you what, you give me $300 and we'll call it square. In fact I don't even want the money upfront. Don't go into debt. Pay me when you can. I just want it out of my possession.":eek:

Needless to say I was flabbergasted. I kept asking if he was sure and he kept insisting I come take it. He wanted it to go to a good home. The only condition is should I decide to ever sell, I need to offer him first refusal. Needless to say, this pistol will never be sold. The sentimental value is much higher than the monetary value.

·
Premium Member
1,367 Posts
Why don't any my divorced friends own guns? :hairpull: :bawling:

Nice looking popshooter there.

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
Great deal Peter D!!!:smile::smile:

·
Registered
4,029 Posts
Very nice

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Peter you did real good.I still kick myself in the behinde for selling my Ithaca.It was my first 1911.
Thanks. My first 1911 was and Auto Ordnance. I would have been more useful as a boat anchor. I still kick myself for buying that piece of crap. Since then many .45's have passed through my hands. Each was sold or traded for another of my desires at the time. I only regret selling 3 guns and they're all rifles.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts