1911 Forums : 1911Talk banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
1911auto Supporters
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Bob e-mailed me that my 10mm Scout test fired with no problems and that the Ion Bond finish looks "sweet". My gun should be on the way back to me this afternoon. I will post photos and a range report after I receive it back. Yippee. :smile:

·
Premium Member
751 Posts
I will be waiting

Frank I will be waiting your test results. Also, how much for the Ion finish? My black oxide finish is akready showing wear just from 2 trips to the range.

Thanks Mirando

·
Premium Member
1,265 Posts
Hi Frank,
Send more of your reloads, We are having so much fun with this and especially your 180 grain loads.....:biggrin: She is so sweet!!

·
1911auto Supporters
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I want her back Bob...don't tease me like this. The finish looks GREAT! Hey, I recognise those bags...where did all my bullets go? :)

·
1911auto Supporters
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Mirando, call Bob or Dale about the prices. I'll let you know about the finish when the gun is back in my hands but the photos look great don't they? I am as pumped up as the first time it shipped!!!

No more bullets for Bob and Dale until I can join the fun!!!!!!!!

·
Premium Member
751 Posts
Sounds good Frank

·
Premium Member
233 Posts
Frank,

It was a beautiful evening for shooting but we were running out of your loads!! I could have kept shooting 'til dark! The pistol ran so smooth, it was indeed a pleasure to shoot.
You could say "it was raining brass" last night! I think Bob enjoyed it alittle too much!

We'll get 'er back to you soon and then you can have fun.

Be safe.

Dale.

·
1911auto Supporters
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Oh you guys are too cruel, but kind at the same time:) I would thank you for the thorough range test but maybe it should be the other way around:) I look forward to my own rain of brass this weekend.

Thanks Dale,
Frank

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
That's right Frank, rub it in my friend!!!:rofl::dancingbananna:

Very nice pistol Frank, I hope that you have many enjoyable range trips with it!!!:smile:

·
1911auto Supporters
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
The flaunting of my own gun in front of me....aah, the humanity. If you really think of it in practical terms flaunting my gun in front of me is far better than AT me....especially with 10mm 180 gr. JHP's puking out the end. I believe it shipped this afternoon and I'll be flaunting it this weekend. Waaaaahoooo

·
Premium Member
233 Posts
Frank, If you want to send it back again I'll find time to give it more PERSONNAL attention!!! I won't take pictures of me enjoying it, I know that bothers you. I'll do it descreetly.:biglaugh:

I hope you have a bangup time with her, she does shoot sweet.

Have fun!!

Dale.

PS. make sure to send more of your reloads too, they were kicka$$!

·
1911auto Supporters
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 · (Edited)
Thanks Dale (and Bob). It is great to see how much the Fusion team enjoys their customer service duties...it is tough but you guys step up when called on to sacrifice. I hope my gun doesn't have to go back to you ever, not because I don't like you guys and don't want you to have fun, or that i am a jealous person, but because i will be too busy showing all my friends what a true joy it is to own a masterpiece custom firearm built by really fantastic people. I look forward to her return, possibly this Friday, and proclaiming how satisfying a well made pistol is to shoot and own. As I said before I plan to carry this gun for defense (hopefully to never fire it in anger) and trust I can do so with complete confidence. I'll try to send more bullets for ya'll to enjoy in the future but I can promise that if ya'll come down south for a visit let me know and I assure you of an invitation to slip out into the woods and shoot until your heart is content, or until we run out of bullets which will take an effort.

Your future fully satisfied customer and friend,
Frank Parker

·
1911auto Supporters
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
P.S. I can see a Bobtail Commander 40 S&W in my future. What a beautiful gun. I have to subtly go to work on "the boss" to increase my allowance...

·
1911auto Supporters
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Got her back today an man was Bob right about the Ion Bond finish....so SWEET. Vastly superior to black oxide in my initial opinion. If I could figure out how to post a photo I would!

I can hardly wait to shoot this gun.

·
Premium Member
751 Posts
Hey Frank, Share your load data with me. :notworthy: I will try to get out and run mine through my Chrony to see what I am getting. Mine ran without a hitch with the 22 Lbs. spring. I load a 185 grn swc over a mid range charge of Universal.

·
1911auto Supporters
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·

After getting her back and putting a couple of hundred rounds down range I have reached the following conclusions regarding my Fusion Scout Custom.

The gun shoots better (for me) with the 22# recoil spring.
I will tailor my 180 JHP handloads for the 22# setup.
I will try the 24# spring on the 155 & 165 DT’s and some hotter Frank 180 JHP’s hunting loads in the future.
The IonBond finish is the BOMB...after 2 days in my Kydex holster while riding a 4-wheeler in the woods there is not a mark – WOW.
I will not load any more 155 JHP’s in 10mm as my Fusion doesn't like 'em.
Overall I am pleased.
Fusion's customer service and support is outstanding.

·
Premium Member
751 Posts
I am glad to that you a happy with the gun. I am sure I will be also when I get a chance to shoot it, Mirando :flag:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.