1911 Forums : 1911Talk banner
1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
1911auto Supporters
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It is with great excitement that I announce my Fusion Scout Custom 10mm Elite order was placed this week. I was a little nervous purchasing a pistol from someone I do not know and without seeing it however there is such good feedback about these firearms I had to take a leap of faith. I will certainly post progress updates and range reports as we go along.:wavey:

·
1911auto Supporters
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Can't go wrong with a Fusion

I am trusting you are correct. I have been shooting a custom Delta Elite since 1988 and believe the 10mmACP is the best 1911 that pistol has ever been chambered for. I know folks will disagree. All I have read about Bob Serva implies he also believed in the 10mm by bringing it to the Dan Wesson line of firearms. His reputation caused me to believe that he could build a custom 10mm for me that would be superior to Kimber, CZ-DW or my beloved Colt. I have never been a fan of the Glock trigger pull and the model 20 was too fat for my hand in 10mm. I am very excited, as said before, beliving I will receive a truly remarkable pistol that my friends on the range will simply go WOW over. I hope an accuracy test will give me a "one hole" firearm that will produce further WOW. I'll share pics as the project develops.
Frank:gun1:

·
Registered
81 Posts
I just got back from the range today after shooting another 250 rounds through my Fusion Long-Slide Traditional Hunter 10mm. I had a person come over and ask about it. I don't know if it was the single jagged hole in my target or the way the gun looks. This guy was shooting very well too so I assume it was the looks of the gun.

·
1911auto Supporters
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Bob e-mailed me today informing me the gun is ready and I should pick grips. Man, am I fired up!! I hope to finalize tomorrow and pics can be posted. Bob has been great to work with and the gun is ahead of schedule. A full range report will follow my receipt of the piece. I am confident this pistol will live up to all expectations and my friends, as well as myself, will be blown away with it. HoooRaaaah

·
Premium Member
5,072 Posts
I'm sure it will live up to your expectations and the one I have is definitely superior to the brands you named above.

·
Premium Member
932 Posts
Welcome to the Fusion family. You are going to be more than happy, believe me.

·
1911auto Supporters
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I have my Fusion Scout Custom in hand for about 2 weeks. The pistol was all that was expected with regard to fit and finish. The trigger is excellent and in hindsight too light for a combat gun but managable with practice. Accuracy is good with my limited experience but a ransom rest will tell soon how good. It has not behaved well with my medium powered 10mm loads to date however Bob has been quite supportive and believes with recoil spring adjustments the case crushing problem will go away. The magwell shot loose in 8 rounds and again in every 8 rounds fired. I talked to Bob and I hope the blue Locktite will fix this. This week I will range test the gun with Federal, Hornady, CorBon, and Winchester ammunition as well as my reduced power handloads in 155 and 180 grain equal to warm 40 S&W loads. I have also ordered DoubleTap ammo which is much hotter than anything I ever intended to fire in the pistol but I must know if the gun can be trusted with my life and other range reports reflect the pistols ability to handle full power 10mm loads with no problem...we shall see. I have found that the finish has a propencity for early holster wear as one day in the Forus holster shows as much wear as 20 years of my Colt. I purchased the gun to shoot so the holster wear is not a big problem but one would want the finish to last more than days. I still hope the Fusion will meet my expectations however today, until the full range test is complete, I am guardedly optimistic. I am ultimatly looking for a 1911 I trust my life to...nothing short of that will do. Ifhave several target and hunting firearms. This firearm I want for defense and must trust with my life....I hope this works out that way....otherwise ther will be a Fusion for sale on Gunbroker and a lesson learned.

·
Registered
747 Posts
I'm pretty sure that even if you continue to have problems, Bob and crew will make it right for you. This is the first time I have ever read anything at all negative about Fusions. I hope that you are able to get everything straightened out. Good luck with your next trip to the range.

·
Premium Member
1,265 Posts
Most Companies will not guarantee anything with reloaded ammunition. Due to our exceptional customer service we allow customers to send in their pistols with their ammo to be tune. We do what we can to please…

On The finish it is black Oxide, Which will be return like new to the customer.
Thanks again for all your support,
Bob:smile::smile::smile:

·
1911auto Supporters
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
My ultimate expectation for this Fusion pistol is that it perform with near 100% reliability with a full range of 10mmACP ammo from my light lead loads to Double Tap defense ammo. Bob's commitment to customer service by reviewing my handloads for this weapon is exceptional and much appreciated. This demonstrates a level of customer service beyond anything one would see from any firearm manufacturer I know of. I still trust my 10mm Fusion will surpass my expectations at the end of the day. As said before I will trust this gun with my life or it must go. I believe Bob can produce a 10mm 1911 I can trust. A full range report will follow.

·
Registered
331 Posts
That is outstanding that he is taking care of your problems like that. That gives me great confidence when my Fusion is finally finished.

1 - 20 of 49 Posts