1911 Forums : 1911Talk banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
751 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My gun had feeding and ejection problems. The guns shoots like a dream. Super accurate and a super nice trigger. I did some ramp polishing and the feeding problem was greatly reduced however it still had ejection issues. It also was crunching my brass. Mr. Serva was very helpfull and is just a nice guy to deal with. I finally sent my gun back to him and he did some work on it and even had it refinished for me. I got the gun back but have yet to test it. Even with the issues I have had I would buy another gun from them without a thought. I believe that these are quality 1911's and will be buying a longslide .45 in a couple of months. Great gun along with great customer service. A winning combination.

·
1911auto Supporters
135 Posts
Could you specify what was done to correct the case crushing problem and what ammo you were shooting. Please post if it is corrected when you test fire.

Frank

·
Premium Member
751 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I load my own ammo however I did try Federal and it did the same thing. It is believed that the extractor was dropping the spent brass before it hit the ejector thus being weakly ejected by the next round so they tightened up the extractor so hold the case more firmly. I will try to get out this weekend and test fire it.

·
1911auto Supporters
135 Posts
Excellent...I have experienced the exact same malfunction (crushed cases) and was told by a couple of "old" 1911 armourer's where I work that the cause was an extractor problem exactly as you describe. I have also been told it is a recoil spring problem? Whatever the correction if the results are a 100% reliable, properly functioning, 1911 I will be happy when my Fusion returns. Thanks for the reply...let me know about the test fire.

·
Premium Member
751 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I will try to get out this weekend. It is in the 110 plus degrees here and sometime I just drag my sorry butt out from under the AC. I will certainly post my results here for you to see. Is your also a 10 MM? I bought mine to hunt with and hope to take an Elk with it this fall.

·
1911auto Supporters
135 Posts
Yes, mine is similar to the 10mm Scout Custom. I have been shooting a 10mmACP since 1988 and I love the performance it brings to the 1911. I also shoot mostly handloads however the crushing problem occurred in several factory loads (Federal, Hornady, Winchester) as frequently as it did in my handloads. I sent my gun, along with my loads, to Bob and I believe he is convinced now it was not the ammo. Hopefully it is just minor tuning that is needed. Good luck on the range test.

Frank

·
Premium Member
751 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I did the same and just got it back last week. It didnt really take him that long and he refinished it for me also. Bob is a great guy. I hope he learned something form my gun so he can fix yours. Once again, I will try to get out this weekend and give it a test drive.

Mirando

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.